WRC Portugal

scania

Petrolheads
Anyone see this last night on eurosport. Gronholm was up to second but took it handy on the last stage so not to be road sweeping today :subaru:. Latvala's crash was unreal off the side of the glen, must of rolled ten or eleven times with the car in sh1t at the bottom. Day two is on tonight at 10.30 on eurosport :thumbsup:

Just saw it on rally.ie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRNxB3i9rg

Just watched it there now, had it sky plussed from last night.

Fook me that was a scary crash from Latvala :shock2:

Gronholm going well though :icon_pray: :subaru:

Good chance of Latvala being dropped from Ford now, Ford need points for the manufactors championship and latvala is leaving them down quite often

Ogier is out I think
Gronholm out too :icon_cry:

[quote author=johnl link=topic=14118.msg174689#msg174689 date=1238847276]
Gronholm out too :icon_cry:
[/quote]

From wrc.com:

Marcus Gronholm’s chances of a dream WRC return came to an end on Saturday’s opening stage, the 22km Santa Clara, when the Finn crashed his Subaru Impreza WRC2008 off the road and out of fourth place overall.

The car sustained front end damage in the excursion, and after reporting a soaring engine temperature and low oil pressure Marcus parked up by the side of the road and retired - at least from today’s competition.

Very frustrating seeing Latvala going out again. Was a bad crash! But I still think he's a superstar.
Loeb has mentioned the possibility of a grand slam this year, 12 out of 12 wins! :wazzup:
That would be some achievement but I'd rather see Hirvonen take a few wins instead!
Shame Gronholm is out too :doh: But it was good to see him back again :clap:

Leading positions after day two:

Pos Driver Car Time
1. Sebastien Loeb Citroen 2h56m15.6s
2. Mikko Hirvonen Ford + 26.8s
3. Dani Sordo Citroen + 56.4s
4. Petter Solberg Citroen + 1m59.6s
5. Matthew Wilson Ford + 3m22.9s
6. Henning Solberg Ford + 3m23.8s
7. Evgeny Novikov Citroen + 4m59.4s
8. Mads Ostberg Subaru + 5m00.2s
9. Conrad Rautenbach Citroen + 6m50.6s
10. Federico Villagra Ford + 9m35.1s

good man johnl, i think latvala was even warned to drive for a finish, shame he could be in trouble cause he got real talent

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=14118.msg174877#msg174877 date=1238910259]
good man johnl, i think latvala was even warned to drive for a finish, shame he could be in trouble cause he got real talent
[/quote]

He sure does,and is really exciting to watch.IMO I think a major problem with him is the fact that he doesnt brake until he sees a bend,and if you watch the video he crashes because he takes crest in the road flat out and when he actually comes over the crest there is a slight bend in the road and is going too fast to take it. I think he needs to listen to the co driver more!

some crash , i see solberg finished fourth 0- good result again for him :thumbsup:

Back