Dyno tips

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Getting the car dyno'ed on saturday, any maintenance tips or tricks to ensure the is no issues. ?:new_puppy_dog_eyes: Did the engine oil and filter today. was going to clean the air filter too. clutch was done recently and timing belt too. might give the MAF sensor a clean too with some electrical contact cleaner

Just make sure all your fluid levels are spot on... You pretty much have the rest covered in your list.

yep have the lock nut thingy! plugs were done 15k ago so they should be grand, not very easy to access on the Legacy's . i think the car should be fine for it. hopefully there will be no knock as its mapped for e5, only filled up with it last night, wouldnt be much point adding booster now surely? would need to be using it for a few tankfuls for it to take make a difference? I do have a bottle of Lucas somewhere

no it pretty much raises the octane level straight away...I would do it just to be sure but thats just overkill you are safely mapped

If your car is road mapped! and then you run it on a dyno with fans, then your cooler wont get as much air flow, so you will have increased charge temps, and hence greatly increase your tendancy to Knock!
My car suffered severe knock on the rollers recently even though there is no knock on the road, But I am on/passed the limit of the top mount!
Throw in half a bottle of NF and pour plenty of water onto the intercooler before and between the runs!
Best of luck!
Dan

Like many Altezza Dan , im sick of changing MAF sensors (not that i have changed one in a while :whistle:)
but would love to here if cleanning has any positive or negative effect !!!

Thanks
Niall.

what part of the rear of the car is the rachet strap connected to on an impreza????
reason i ask is the rear towing eye has been taken off my car now(with a grinder),so what can they use now???
any ideas??

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=14074.msg174377#msg174377 date=1238763327]
Like many Altezza Dan , im sick of changing MAF sensors (not that i have changed one in a while :whistle:)
but would love to here if cleanning has any positive or negative effect !!!

Thanks
Niall.
[/quote]I had problems with slight hesitations at varoius rev ranges, so i cleaned the maf with contact cleaner and sure enough it cured it . Maybe was a fluke but certainly didn't do any harm in my case anyway.... :thumbsup:

Back