Cheep track car

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Lad's thinking about getting a cheep track car to hock around mondello.
Maybe a bmw or 206 gti,golf,civic v tec dont mind what it look's like just once it's sound and fast.
So if you know of any please give me a shout.
Cheers
Keith

what you think? its very fast, ready to go, suspension, roll cage, 1.6 SIR engine, some nice bits and bobs in it.
i could get a phone number for you if youd like

I would suggest you buy something already competition prepped as it will handle the abuse better & have all the safety gear already fitted . If you buy a standard car you could easily spend £700 fitting safety gear alone & it would be foolish going on track without it .

You can pick up a fully prepped log booked 205 GTI rally car for around £2000 stg on the mainland & when you get bored with it you'll have no problem getting back what you paid . Keep an eye on ebay & autotrader as they regularly appear .

im not sure, il have to ask him, but over €4,000 is spent on it, im sure he'd be happy to get that back or close to it, icetronix done the lot. its a quick sale job i think at the mo

i have a fiat uno race car for sale, 1300cc roll cage, fire extinguisher, handles great and is very light 700 kilos. Ready to race too, if you wanted to compete, seat, belts and extinguisher in date.

087 9073610 if you are interested €2,000

Alan

Didnt want to compete just wanted something like that integra what kind of wedg is he looking for it
@ turbo what car do you track??
Cheers
Keith

id say €3500 would grab it, its a top car, looks and goes the bizz.

0861214030 - Dan Cotter

tell him i sent you

Seen the integra at Mondello a couple of times,respectable times and pretty much bulletproof,which is a major bonus.
I'v seen golfs gtis and vr6 blow up at Mondello alot and no 206s.The old 205 is a good motor for track also..
Alan

I used to take my scoob road car on track days & do stock car racing in a 205 . All the local stock car tracks have closed so I was looking for something else to do . I've built a 205 GTI rally/race car & I'm currently competing in a rally series at Aghadowey & the SWRC at Bishopscourt plus any track days that come up .

Car isn't really competitive yet but I'm gradually working on it . Hopefully fitting bilstein suspension this week plus working on an MI16 engine that will cure my lack of power . When I work out my costs though I probably would've been better off buying an ex rally car which would have most of the stuff already fitted .

It is a great comfort doing track days in a dedicated track car as you don't worry about having to drive the car home & you can have more fun .

Remember to budget for buying a car transporter as well . I would strongly advise you to buy a proper one like a Brian James trailer as they hold their value extremely well .

[It is a great comfort doing track days in a dedicated track car as you don't worry about having to drive the car home & you can have more fun .

Thats why we bought d prelude u can drive it as hard as u want and if anythin goes wrong just jump in your own car and drive home

Back