00 STI Type RA

STiBrian

Octane Boostaholics
Just drove one today, had a standard 00 Turbo before and all I can say is wow, what a difference! I can't believe the power, I went out this morning looking for an STI 4 or 5 but am astounded. Didn't get to drive a standard STI4 or 5 after all, is there that much of a difference with the Type RA?

The Type RA is stripped of a lot of the non-essential items making it a lighter car overall. No air-con, no leccy windows, less soundproofing and so on... it was used as the base model for the GroupN & WRC cars before the 2 door Type R was introduced.

i think it nearly 40kg lighter, it also has a closer ratio gearbox i believe

Id think id chosse every day creature comforts over preformance, if ur gonna b driving it everyday id defo pick comfort

Have been reading a little on some of the UK forums, am I right in saying that the Type R would have the same performance, ie same bhp and same close ratio gearbox but with a longer 5th gear for cruising. I could live with the extra 40 kilos of weight that the Type R would have have if performance is similiar

Yep quiet similar,
TyepR's have the long 5th gear, 2 door shell ,
and all the electrics ie windows, mirrors etc.
No ABS cause that's just too fooken heavy :D

The gear ratio is a little bit different, i think it's a fraction
shorter in a TypeRA....... the end result the TypeRA quicker of the mark
TypeR better top end...... between gears fairly similar

Niall

Norris i thought the same when i went to buy the
TypeR but to be honest it makes no diffrence at all
...................well em, that is, until she locks up under heavy braking :D
and your approaching a car at 3 figures . Not as esay as it sounds, to lift off the brake,
get the power back down , straighten her up, re-apply the brake and avoid the fooken
old timer who just decided to wander out in front of ya.

Lets just say....... Ya learn quickly :p

Niall.

"I was merley carrying out an important
civic duty, to make sure the tarmac was suitable
for such heavy braking"............. Your Honour :nana: :nana:

Niall. :D

Back