ISDC Club Member
Going to replace the speakers on the rear shelf and aslo ones in front doors
anyone know sizes
will 6 * 9 replace old speakers in the shelf without any hastle
Thanks in advance
Colm :thumbsup:

Found this that was posted by Paulo
[quote author=Paulo link=topic=2566.msg23673#msg23673 date=1181315588]
I got these about 18 months ago, I remember having to drill one extra hole so the fit was secure. I did a lot of research before chosing them and stayed away from 6x9s as I read a lot of opinions that the sound from them wasn't as good as perfectly round speakers. Happy shopping!

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=82

BTW, my scooby is a classic. The fronts (straight replacement without spacers and reshaping the inner door) I got these:

JBL GTO-626e, 6.25" (16cm) 180W
[/quote]

Colm 6*9 wont fit directly in but you can use spacers or get the jig saw out :shhh:

there is great sound from 6*9 imo :dance:

so happy shopping mate :653:

fusion and jbl are great brands but as long as you gett good high watts from your speakers and your head unit has a high out put 4*45 or 4*50 watt you should get great sound

hope this helps mate :thumbsup:

mickwrx

If your not on a tight budget i recommend getting focal cv-1 (i think) speakers. i have two in my corolla run off a JL Audio amp and the sound of just those two are amazing. I'll be replacing all the speakers in my classic with those.

not sure if it aplys to imprezas but when replacing the speakers in the door make sure there is room for the window reg to come all the way down, ive seen lads install speakers in doors and when all is done and about to go cruisin and they roll down the window only to find its smackin off the magnet on the back of the speaker

Back