Meguiars g220 polisher

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Anyone use any sites to but some detailing gear, looking to buy the Meguiars orbital polisher with some pads ans polishes. Anyone recommend a good online seller?

dan,
it might not make much difference but the kestral polisher is a better polisher....
apparently the meguairs is good for bout a year before change!!!!
cleanyourcar.co.uk is a great site to buy from....
very easy to deal with and give you money back for repeat custom.....
i did the research when buying my polisher and the kestrel was the one to buy in majority!!!
robbie(sweetcakes)has one aswell!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got a kestrel dual action polisher from Polished Bliss in the UK. They are basically the same polisher, made in the same factory but kestrel is much better value for money. Got a great finish from mine

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

Excellent to deal with and don't have any hassle giving advice over the phone. They do packages you can get as well with different types of pads to try. On the subaru you wont need anything too strong (either pad or polish) cause the subaru paint is quite soft. Check out detailing world for the traders there as well for other that will do similar deals. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers for the advice, i just thought the meguiars one was the best one this side of the ocean. which Kestrel one are you talking about? the DAS-6 ?

It doesnt take much to get the swirls out of a subaru. I got the below package with Menzerna final finsh posh (2/10 Cut rating) and it has done 90% of the swirls with little or no effort. I will use the same combo again to finish the car off when i get a chance.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/advanced-das-6-dual-action-machine-polishing-kit-polish.html

I got this package with 1 light cut, 1 polish and 1 glaze but to be honest you dont need the light cut if its just for the subaru. Great piece of kit and hours of fun

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=13912.msg172265#msg172265 date=1238173809]
It doesnt take much to get the swirls out of a subaru. I got the below package with Menzerna final finsh posh (2/10 Cut rating) and it has done 90% of the swirls with little or no effort. I will use the same combo again to finish the car off when i get a chance.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/advanced-das-6-dual-action-machine-polishing-kit-polish.html

I got this package with 1 light cut, 1 polish and 1 glaze but to be honest you dont need the light cut if its just for the subaru. Great piece of kit and hours of fun
[/quote]

would one of each pad be enough to do the whole car ?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=13912.msg185654#msg185654 date=1242214461]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=13912.msg172265#msg172265 date=1238173809]

[/quote]

would one of each pad be enough to do the whole car ?
[/quote]

1 pad is more than enough dan... You can re-use them a good few times each, just don't mix different types of product on the same pad... Those lake country ones seem quite good too, I've been rinsing mine with luke warm water and sqeezing it out and the pad is still perfect..

same as mine dan!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

think the guys name is tim but they are sound to deal with!!!!
reasonable delivery also!!
:thumbsup:

Good stuff Dan, best of luck with it :thumbsup:

I was delighted with the way mine turned out after a polish, the reflection off the black would nearly blind you :lol:

Make sure to start off with a small area, go over it a couple of times and wipe it down to examine the finish.. It will give you an idea of what kind of pressure you need to apply... Or better yet, start on your girlfriend's car first, double bonus is she'll think you are doing her a good turn :icon_grin: , and it'll give you a bit more confidence to tackle your own car :thumbsup: Just remember as well that subaru paint is quite soft so wont take much to correct it..

received my polisher just now :multijump: hopefully there is nice weather this weekend so i can give it a go! Will have to do it outdoors though since i don't have a garage :new_puppy_dog_eyes: Must must up some before and after pictures when im done!!
dsc2671.jpg

need to get the right lighting etc to shoe up the swirls and scratches properly. and need to wash it!

Back