Failed NCT

CARLO

As expected car failed this morning.

Lambda 1.253 allowed .97 and 1.03
Tester advised could be due to leak in exhaust.Had a look and couldnt find one.Might be something to do with back box.(fitted before car was bought standars twin pipe subaru)
Was on to garage where car bought and they advised could need new front cat (850.00 - 1000.00). Mechanic (not in garage) advised that service(new plugs etc) may reduce reading.

Lights
Out of range.
Garage advised that they could put in original lights to pass.
Nodge pls see pm.

Anyone got any ideas.

Thanks
:smokin:

s**t sorry to hear that, 1.253 thats quite a bit over, did you try putting in a bottle of engine cleaner before hand, I dont know if it works or not but I did hear that it can help to reduce the emissions ? also when was the last time it had a good run to burn off any crap inside..not much help I know.. :dunno:

my mate had the same problem cat back exhaust system on his 99 turbo.......took it off put on original......botte of emissions reducer......failed again. changed the Lambda sensor sent it back and it passed...sensor cost about €150

Das friend who works in the nct rang and advised not to change cat but to get someome to check/change the sensor.

555-scooby where did your friend get sensor changed.

Jonny b : Was in garage last friday and they checked and omissions were borderline(in there opinion dont think they have a clue) and added a bottle of engine cleaner. Going to collect sprayed parts for car last friday and engine management light came on.Back to garage for check and they advised that enging was burning a bit rich.suggested new cat.

Hopefully will get sorted

Thanks for all help received

:smokin:

Id imagine Carlo if the engine warning light came on then it should show up a fault code which

would show up if the dealer plugs it in the diagnostics computer.

Dont buy a new cat, if its gone someone hear could give you a loan for the NCT.

Eamonn

speaking of NCT - i passed mine, couldn't believe it!
Have the car (01 WRX) nearly 2 years now, put up 17k miles and decided not to do anything to it for the NCT, its due a service so i thought i'd wait til i see what b**lshit it fails on....then it passed.
When i put the normal number plates on it tues night i realised they were missing the county i.e wexford above the number......i know of guys that have failed on this alone. tyres are also borderline and due for replacing.
Suspension results are exectly the same as the nct two years ago and the CO2 emmissions are actually better...

God bless you subaru

when i done my NCT my car failed the first time on emissions (they were very high) , someone recommended Pro-Tec fuel system cleaner (€20 - €25 per can), i put this in with 5euro worth of petrol, drove the sac outta the car put a tenner of petrol in and brought for NCT a second time, it passed and the emissions were almost a zero, a friend has a 200sx and the same prob, put the cleaner in and hey presto, emissions almost at zero... from my experience with this product i would highly recommend it and will be using it again come my next nct

[quote author=black g wagon link=topic=1560.msg15112#msg15112 date=1173291360]
where can we get this pro-tec stuff.
[/quote]

its called either Pro-Tec or Pro-Tek (cant remember exactly as its been a year since the NCT), its in a red can with gold writing, i got mine in the Nissan garage in kilcullen but have seen it in Fergal Allen motorfactors newbridge, u should be able to get it in most good motor factors, think but not sure i mite have seen it in Halfords, its savage stuff, i was told to put the full can in wit a fiver petrol from empty and drive hard til that gone and put about a tenner in before the NCT, this worked for me

Back