Clutch slipping and now not???

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Since i got the car remapped there was a big increase in the torque and the clutch only lasted about 2 weeks before it started slipping. As of last weekend it was slipping in 3rd, 4th and 5th and today it stopped slipping or seemed to stop slipping at least. It doesnt feel like there's as much power as before but i thought it was weird. Is this normal or unusual?

For the record, I've an exedy organic ready to go in with the 6 speed so i'll be getting rid of it either way.

Thats the weird thing, its making boost but doesnt feel as torquey at all. Cant explain why its not still slipping. It'll probably start slipping again in the morning :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

I never drive it on full boost when its cold, i rarely even drive it until its warm. So its only ever happened to me on full boost when the car is warm and the revs would jump from 4,300rpm up to 5,500. It only on full boost, it wouldnt slip if i only pulled 1 bar, its only on full boost at 1.5bar

Springs in pressure plate may be fooked, if you have been giving her a roasting
it may not be able to take the extra power....

It wouldnt be even giving her a roasting, I could have just been cruising along and decided to floor it and it would slip then. Now doing the same thing its not slipping any more but is lacking power

No idea what make the clutch is, its still the original from when the car was imported. I was thinking it must still be slipping but its just not noticable, it goes pretty much smoothly up through the revs

Thats what i'm trying to say, when i floored it on wednesday, the clutch would slip all over the place, revs jumping everywhere. Then when i did the exact same thing yesterday(thursday) the revs didnt seem to jump at all.

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=13893.msg172097#msg172097 date=1238142107]
Probably best to just scrap it & buy an Impreza :whistle:
[/quote]

Its only clutch slip, I haven't turned into a hairdresser just yet so i'll leave the impreza until i do :1poke:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=13893.msg172099#msg172099 date=1238142621]
[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=13893.msg172097#msg172097 date=1238142107]
Probably best to just scrap it & buy an Impreza :whistle:
[/quote]

Its only clutch slip, I haven't turned into a hairdresser just yet so i'll leave the impreza until i do :1poke:
[/quote]

Ooooooo, Its a deep burn :lol:

Maybe the clutch is still fooked but as you said it feels down on power so maybe there is something else wrong?

Back