Getting oil out of boot carpet?

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Had my broken diff in the boot and the oil leaked out and now the carpet is in bad shape.

Anybody know anything that will get oil out? Not expecting a miracle....Im willing to put some elbow behind it :lol:

Citric acid is good if I remember correctly...well it removed the oil spill stain from the cobbles in the garden so try anything with a high concentration of citric acids! :dontknow:

Do I go out and buy a load of lemons? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Need some help with this myself, like a dirty tramp, i transported mine down from the north not so long ago and it doesnt half stink!! I tried carpet shampoo's and for the record, they are no use, my arm nearly fell off cause i was scrubbing so hard and it still stinks. The mixture of fumes nearly knocked me out cold!!

I was thinking poor lenor mixed with boiling water and let it soak and then go at it with a steam cleaner :ponder: :ponder: :ponder2: :ponder2:

A lad at the end of the greenhills road will do it he has an industrial vax type of thing that will get it out.
Cant remember the name of the place it beside smiths Rob/Andy

Ive a yoke.Its like a hoover but it sends out steam.And i wasent going to post ive a steamer here if you want a lend of it.

Well its good for cleanig tiles so if Andy/sweetcakes wants to try gives a shout

:smokin:

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=13879.msg171769#msg171769 date=1238085779]
A lad at the end of the greenhills road will do it he has an industrial vax type of thing that will get it out.
Cant remember the name of the place it beside smiths Rob/Andy
[/quote]

You an hire things like that out of Homebase and B&Q now! Supposed to do a great job on car interiors too! :thumbsup:

Back