Karting @ Midland Karting near Edgeworthstown

T

Turbo

Last Saturday I met up with a group of 16 guys & gals from the octane.ie forum at Midland Karting near Edgeworthstown .
http://www.midlandkarting.com/

We did the Grand Prix event for €50 . Every person got 4 heats & a semi-final & the fastest 8 drivers got into the final . So you get at least 25 laps for your €50 , which is good value as the track is 1 km long !

I managed to make the final & finished 5th but I had a great day out . It is the best track I've ever been on , a good surface ( unless you cut the corners :D ) and very well organised . They are also developing a paintball course on the same site & I think it would be a good venue for a club event .

See this page for pics .
http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=7501

thaats a great karting place, i used to go there all the time

I was there myself, Great track, great strate when they have it fully open, twin engined cars are great two.

Hello Turbo,

I think the karting is great fun. I have a 125 rotax max myself.

Let us know if you are going to propose a date. I would be up for a meet  :thumbsup:

I don't think they would let me bring my kart out with the rental ones though  :angry:

Thanks,

Michael

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=1447.msg12493#msg12493 date=1170685469]
Well we know who's going to win that event!! :nana:
[/quote]

Hello Anton,

I don't think so, especially in the "club karts"...... it's all about the weight and i'm not the lightest fella in the club.

I'll give it a good bash though.....  :thumbsup:

Drive it like its robbed etc.....  :headbanger:

Thanks,

Michael

i used to have a 100cc jica, and i was only about 7 1/2 stone back then, D1 karting series! used to be sideways round every corner in edgeworthstown!

I used to go all the time with the lads, but with them all being smaller than me (im 15 stone and 6.2 tall) i was like bloody donkey kong in the thing. I couldnt catch them for love nor money. But still they moved outta my way once i had built up to ramming speed.

Lads up the walls at work give me
a couple of days and i'll give these lads a buzz
we have a Karting day booked for rosegreen already
so we can either change venue or simply have 2
kartting days.

I reckon have 2 days so when i kick ass on both occasions
there can be no complaing :nana: :nana:

Niall.

2 Days Niall, always a good turn out at Rosegreen.

Plus think of all that food provided by the Keating's going to waste.

Eamonn

"But still they moved outta my way once i had built up to ramming speed"
Classic know what ya mean :lol:
Yeah 2 days sounds good.

I'm a heavey so & so, so when i'm on the track I don't race to win i just try to go faster then my last lap and piss everyone else of as they try to lap me, so i'd be up for that to, do the two days as rosegreen was great crack last year. :subaru:

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=1447.msg12898#msg12898 date=1171032744]
I don't race to win i just try to go faster then my last lap and piss everyone else of as they try to lap me[/quote]

Eirc that's so funny! :lol: :lol:

Back