compound

northdublin

Petrolheads
i got some compound today to bring up the shine on some paintwork i did on my saxo, i filled and painted the area where the spoiler was and when i laquered it i used some slightly abrasive polish to bring up the shine but it took ages, so i got compound to speed this process up on the other bits ive to do, but is it ok to use this by hand or will i need a mop.
ive had to wet sand some of the panels to remove scratches and i plan to compound these areas but would it be adviseable to compound the whole car.
any tips or suggestions on how to do this welcome

You can use compound by hand-but best to do the whole car-then wax afterwards. G3 is by far the best compound-make sure you spray plenty of water on as you use it. Disadvantages of using a mop is compound gets absolutely everywhere.

Its possible to remove them by hand but you'd probably manage half a panel before your arm starts to fall off. Use a polisher for the job and you'll fly through it. I did the leggy recently with a menzerna fine polish and it came up great because the subaru paint is quite soft. G3 is a high abrasive compound so just be careful you don't strike through the laquer :thumbsup:

thanks lads....i had a look in halfords for a mop but couldnt see one. ill try a few of the motor factors we deal with :thumbsup:

Easy to get a mop head,but the machines are expensive for a good one-any auto factors will have them but budget on min of 300 for anything that wont burn out in 5 minutes.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=13756.msg170734#msg170734 date=1237840396]
Easy to get a mop head,but the machines are expensive for a good one-any auto factors will have them but budget on min of 300 for anything that wont burn out in 5 minutes.
[/quote]

:shock2: looks like ill be workin the elbow grease bigtime :hammerhead:

Used too valet for renault, and you'l find it hard too compound out scratches by hand, if you do get a polisher make sure, and i mean make sure you dont spend too long on one spot or you willllll burn the paint, and loads of water. :thumbsup:

Back