Debadging bootlid...debadged!!!

Scouserlad2007

Petrolheads
Hi all,

A couple of the lads advised me to debadge my bootlid at the meet and im going to do it over the weekend. Just a quick one, will I just remove the 1.6 ts and leave the impreza badge underneath it or remove the impreza badge aswell and just leave the subaru across the bootlid???

Cheers all

Jonnie

Re: Debadging bootlid

Its hard to know. If you post a pic of the back of your car I can photoshop the two examples and you'll know which is better then :thumbsup:

take it all off is what i usually say

The 1.6 ts will come off easy enough just use a bit of heat to help even if just a hair dryer should do but as far as i know removing the subaru badge will leave 2 small holes. :thumbsup:

I debadged my old 2.0rx and that was the case anyway :thumbsup:

there was a link to a video clip on what to use and how posted last year i think....

@ Kanye, heres a pic of the bootlid, if you could take the 1.6ts away and leave the one beneath and the subaru, then just leave the subaru, then de-badge the whole thing, that would be class!!!

DSC00038.jpg

Nice one
Jonnie

Just stickin to the thread..

what is the best way to get rid of the WRX large sticker off my typeRs bootlid? It's sitting there fairly hard. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=13705.msg169810#msg169810 date=1237590888]

what is the best way to get rid of the WRX large sticker off my typeRs bootlid? It's sitting there fairly hard. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Id say a heat gun peel and polish :thumbsup:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=13705.msg169810#msg169810 date=1237590888]

[/quote]

heat it up with a hair dryer on hot , starting at one end, once you get a grip of it, heat it up as you pull away slowly, youll feel it coming off as the glue warms from the dryer, and then a bit of petrol on a rage and it will be like it was never there

Id remove the 1.6ts and impeza badges ( subaru only photo)
I think they look cleaner that way
cars look a bit weird with a badge on 1 side of the boot and not the other :dontknow:
As stated below just use a heat gun
heat intermitinely roughly 8 seconds a go
Probably will have to heat each label twice before they come of
:thumbsup:
[quote author=Scouserlad2007 link=topic=13705.msg169648#msg169648 date=1237562720]
Hi all,

A couple of the lads advised me to debadge my bootlid at the meet and im going to do it over the weekend. Just a quick one, will I just remove the 1.6 ts and leave the impreza badge underneath it or remove the impreza badge aswell and just leave the subaru across the bootlid???

Cheers all

Jonnie
[/quote]

Back