engine knocking

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
as above my engine started knocking this morning when i started it, i let it run for 30 seconds and it just got louder.....my mechanic is having a look at it 2mw so if its big end failure what sort of money am i looking at to sort it? so do i rebuild it, do an engine swap or get rid of it as is :dontknow: fairly strapped for cash at the moment so i havent a clue what to do.....cheers lads :thumbsup:

pox unlucky mate!!!
depends if you plan on keeping it or gettin rid of it mate!!!!
plenty of options out there!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

id say ill have to get rid of it alright, i havent worked since b4 xmas and im bearly able to keep her goin at the moment :icon_cry:

[quote author=murray555 link=topic=13683.msg169357#msg169357 date=1237475629]
Sorry to hear about the big end failure,what kinda car u got?
[/quote]92 legacy rs

ah balls Johnny, thats a disaster, very sorry to hear it lad. you could do it on the cheap by buying a £500 Legacy in England and Huzzy would change it over for under €500 id recon. i will be down with huzzy tonight and axe him what he thinks. any classic lump would go straight in too

REALLY sorry to hear this Johnny :icon_cry: :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

I hope your able to hold on to her!let us know what ya decide!

Karma for you lad,on what is such a sad day :icon_cry:

Sorry to hear that Johnny T, Its a sad day for old school legacys :icon_cry:. They are getting fairly rair now. Hopefully you can get her going again and have her singing :pray: :thumbsup:

thats a pox :sad: have a look around up north for a leggy...euro is good on the punt... :thumbsup: i seen a leggy on uk plates for sale on...donedeal.ie :dontknow:

cheers for the feedback and pm,s lads :thumbsup: will decide what im goin to do over the weekend.... :subaru:

Back