"What Fuel" suggestion section for the FAQs

Tombusa

Sunday Drivers
Just been to Tesco for petrol and then decided that mightn'd have been a good idea :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

Once I got used to the fuel gauge drooping in real time :icon_jook: , I decided to figure out what distance I was getting on a tank which I think is 55 L?

It came through at 347km per tank, though that included some "challenging" driving by my brother.

or 6.31 km per L

Mine is an Irish WRX STI - should I be off to Maxol ? ? ? Would I be better off with it ( for the car, not particularly for the economy?)
Did a search on the site and alot of what i can find is about Legacys

A what fuel section in the FAQs may save mutts like me bothering the rest of ye :icon_grin: :1poke:

Good idea mate. :thumbsup:

I have a uk turbo and find when I use Maxol the car runs sh1t. :wall:

I actually prefer to use Tescos to be honest, I feel my car runs best on it. :dontknow:

I will be changing to e5 Maxol fuel for the map doe. :dance:

Hello tom i personally prefer esso petrol myself :thumbsup:

i have bug eye scoob and am getting near enough to 300 miles to the tank which is not bad :653:

oh and tesco petrol is pure p**s and i wont be filling there again :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :icon_jook:

mickwrx

have to agree with you there mick i have a 99 irish and get around the same i use esso myself that tesco crap runs out of it too quick

I have an irish spec Sti myself and only run it on the E5. I have to be honest i dont notice any difference but listening to what most people say here its the one to use :thumbsup:

if your car is irish then youd be safe to use any petrol, my classic is mapped for 95 but i use e5 most of the time because i get a small bit of knock with 95 if driving hard

Hello Lads,

All Irish & UK Spec Cars which have not any remaps will be ok on 95ron / standard fuel :thumbsup:

All JDM cars should be ran on a least E5, unless remapped for 95ron :thumbsup:

I run my JDM car on E5 + Booster :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=20VBZR link=topic=13626.msg168671#msg168671 date=1237205825]
if your car is irish then youd be safe to use any petrol, my classic is mapped for 95 but i use e5 most of the time because i get a small bit of knock with 95 if driving hard
[/quote]

............same as myself ...what knock reading do you get when useing bad petrol? just want to compair because i think im getting a high reading

Im running my sti type r on 10 euros of e85 and fill the rest up on ordinary unleaded. she runs fab on it.

Back