Problem - Unsure what to call it??

Ralph

Petrolheads
Howdy all,

Was driving home there this evening and when I hit the M50 I put the foot down(in 4th)...I wasn't tryin to kill the car just building up a gradual speed. All is fine till i reach the 4000 RPM (in 5th) mark and I hit VOD, seems ok until it feels as if I hit a wall, the boost stops and drops and the CEL lights up. When I got home I ran a diagnostics check but it appears the problem cleared once the ignition went off because it gave no fault code and the CEL is off now. Any ideas?
I cleaned the solenoids there last week but I had given her a few good drives after that and there was no issues. Just in case i did mess up has anyone a Solenoid box diagram(which hoses connect to where etc) so I can check to make sure everythng in there is ok? Or does one even exist?

Cheers,

Rob :thumbsup:

I would assume the fault would be there permanently if you messed up the pipes. Dunno if it helps but the same symptoms have happened to me twice before, 1 was because the solenoid shat itself and i had no boost on the secondary turbo at all and the second was because i blew the MAF. Things to check anyway :thumbsup:

if ye put the pipes back on wrong you would probably have noticed straight away, it could have been some dirt that had becom unclogged and temporarily caused a problem.
the hoses are numbered as too are the plastic connectors on the solinoid box, this would be the first place to look if the problem is ongoing. ive a spare maf here if ye want to rule that out also.

Cheers Mick,

I'm gonna go check the solenoids now and see. I'll give you a shout if I need to meet you to test the MAF.

Rob

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=13623.msg168642#msg168642 date=1237197892]
I thought you sold your car?
[/quote]

To his missus who is lending it back to him. You probably missed the thread while you were waiting to update your membership

Sounds like a Code 66 CEL to me.

Code 66 is a problem with the turbo operation

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

Thanks Andy :thumbsup:
Just had the box off there, all the solenoids are clicking away in diagnostic mode but one of the hoses was off one of the solenoids...The connection hose of the Turbocharging Pressure Relief Valve Control Solenoid Valve #2 & #1 (No. 1 & 4 in the diagram), Hope that was the problem, I'll warm her up and take her for a good drive in a while. :pray:

Problem solved...just back from a good drive and problem is gone. I mustn't have pushed the hose all the way back onto the nipple and it popped off :doh:

Anyway, cheers lads, much appreciated :thumbsup:

glad you got it sorted rob, i think i might try replacing my solinoids for genuine ones. did you clean the 3 hoses going from the solinoid box to the back of the intercooler, i found a good bit of gunk in these :thumbsup:

Cheers Mick, I cleaned as many of the hoses as I could get at, I'll double check those ones though :thumbsup:

Carb cleaner for the solenoids but WD40 for the hoses as the carb cleaner can eat away at the rubber hosing.

[quote author=RoB4 link=topic=13623.msg169158#msg169158 date=1237403972]
Carb cleaner for the solenoids but WD40 for the hoses as the carb cleaner can eat away at the rubber hosing.
[/quote]

Will WD40 not do the same to the hoses?

Back