couple of questions

northdublin

Petrolheads
yesterday i went looking for the green and black cel connectors under the dash. i found them but it was near impossible to connect them together due to lack of slack on the wires.
i was then thinking about re-wiring them to switches on the dash for ease of use in the future. ive two blank switches to the right of the ac controls and was goin to try and get some double pole retractive switches to fit the holes. i read about this on a site ages ago and thought it was a good idea but ive no idea where to get the switches.
does anyone know if the likes of the ic spray switch from a pretza fit the same holes and are they double pole, or does anyone have some lying around.
secondly does anyone know if the outside temp probe on the front of a b4 could be relocated to the intercooler area of the engine bay to give an idea of the temp of the air passing from the vent to the top of the i/c.
thirdly has anyone ever fitted vents like the pretzas have to help keep things cool under the bonnet. ive opened my bonnet after a long drive and the bay gets seriously warm. what would yer opinions be of thses type of vents fitted on a leggy. by vents i mean the two on either side of the scoop. are they easy to fit, ie do they get held in place by a plate on the underside of the bonnet or are they bonded in to a recess in the hood

OK

Firstly the switches to the green black connectors is a good idea and easily done, you can get every type of switch in maplin, I'd use the covered battle switch to save hitting it by mistake.

Secondly the temp sensor can be moved very easily but don't know how it might effect the car. All fuel injected engines need alot of sensors in different places to monitor and adjust air/fuel ratio eg. throttle position sensor, intake air pressure, intake air temp, outside air temp etc.

Now the impreza vents might be a bit tricky to fit, They are bolted onto the impreza bonnet. The bonnet has a recess with a lip that the vent sits on, bolts attached to the vent pass through holes on the lip and are bolted down. You could remove the bolts and have someone bond them on :ponder2:

Hope it helps Mick :thumbsup:

thanks for the reply, i thought the temp sensor was just to show the driver the outside temp, on my a/c controls there is a button outside temp, would this have any bearing on the ecu or is it just there for my sake.
i wanted to use genuine subaru switches, i thought the ic spray switch would be good cause its retractive, ie it cant stay in a closed position without your finger on it.
i wonder is there a similar vent that bolts from underneath without needing a recess. :ponder2:

The intercooler spray switch will work for this application if it fits in the slot your talking about. if you look at the switch you'll see a clip on the top and bottom, it will be on the left or right side and a notch cut out for the clip in the dash socket, just make sure the clip and notch are on the same side.

I have a genuine fog light switch from an impreza there if ya need another switch to try :thumbsup:

As for the vents, you can bolt the genuine one on without a recess but it wont be flush with the bonnet. I'd imagine any vent you find will not be flush without a recess or some bonding to make it look flush

<Edit>

I'm unsure about the temp probe, might just be the air con one but the ecu will have one too if that's not it, maybe someone else knows more about it

thanks lad, i might get that switch of ye the next time yer around. i just thought it would be a good idea to be able to see the temp in the engine bay cause the outside temp is boring and useless to me. i know what your saying though that it could be used by the ecu aswell as just an indicator of how cold it is outside and moving it into the warm bay might fool it and fook up the ecu

Back