WR1 Vs PPP STi

Fathertedc

Sunday Drivers
Folks,
Just looking at getting some info on the differences(hardware) between the 305BHP Impreza STi with PPP upgrade and a WR1.

The wr1 has 316bhp standard for one, it has the same prodirve suspension set up as the ppp...sos apart from power and colour there pretty much the same

The STI PPP is just an STI with a prodrive ecu , fuel pump and exhaust upgrade. It does not include any suspension changes as standard, although they may be specified as an optional extra.

The WR1 is 320 ps or 216 bhp and came with a slighty higher state if tune than the sti PPP of the same model year, but it also included different wheels and suspension and some extra WR1 decals and unique (at the time) light blue body colour. The forn grill was also different incorporating a wire mesh effect.

The WR1 does not have a significant performance advantage over a sti ppp and in fact the following years STI MY 05 came with a wider track and uprated dccd which the WR1 doesn't have and is the one to get.

Frawls

They are a car for those that want to be different but as said above their nothing special when it comes to handling and power.

The same could be said for the RB320 but I'd have one and plan on in the future. It's just down to the individual. I myself like something a bit different.

WR1 is a great car as STis go.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=13497.msg166974#msg166974 date=1236727325]
They are a car forthose that want to be different but as said above their nothing special when it comes to handling and power.

The same could be said for the RB320 but you'd have one and plan on in the future. It's just down to the individual. I myself like something a bit different.

WR1 is a great car as STis go.
[/quote]

As above

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=13497.msg166904#msg166904 date=1236714604]
The STI PPP is just an STI with a prodrive ecu , fuel pump and exhaust upgrade. It does not include any suspension changes as standard, although they may be specified as an optional extra.

The WR1 is 320 ps or 216 bhp and came with a slighty higher state if tune than the sti PPP of the same model year, but it also included different wheels and suspension and some extra WR1 decals and unique (at the time) light blue body colour. The forn grill was also different incorporating a wire mesh effect.

The WR1 does not have a significant performance advantage over a sti ppp and in fact the following years STI MY 05 came with a wider track and uprated dccd which the WR1 doesn't have and is the one to get.

Frawls
[/quote]

good choice frawls!!!!
05 sti !!
:wazzup: :wazzup:

Back