ITS SICK

gavair1

Sunday Drivers
hi all.

i hope someone can help. 1997 STI, it dies some times, seams ok with tank full, get below or around 1/4 tank and put the foot down comming out or a roundabout for example the engine dies!! cuts back in again after about 5 seconds.

try and overtake and she runs rough and you change you miind about the plan!!!

no issue with fuel pressure to the engine bay, filter replaced, drive it normally and its ok as i said, only acts up when low on fuel or the moon is full.

anyone got ant ideas?

not sure what pump, have to say the fuel filter was full of crap when i pulled it! how big of a deal to clean down stream of the filter?

its in sam motors in ennis at the moe, looks like a took a stone in the rad close to home yesterday and just made it back home before any issues.

the other thing is the rpm gauge is not working, i wonder if this may be causing the issue, she is a jap and still limited,

not having much luck with it at the moe but will stick with it, if it was a blockage from crap i would have this problem all the time as with the rpm gauge, it cuts out when in a turn, ie roundabout, and goes rough when the foot is planted.

no issues when taking my time, she will hit 200kph as norm

Could be your maf or could be down to fuel starvation if your car is not mapped and has downpipe and exhaust on. :dontknow:

Back