flywheel teeth broken

noeler2006

Middle Lane Hogs
as above when tryin to start starter, kicks in sounds like clutch in starter, got it out and checked put it back in and still the same, wots my options??? and there is 200,000 km on engine, i was thinkin of gettin an engine.

thanks noel

sorry its a bit early, and was just wonderin were is the best place to get a flywheel can they be got? or would it be easier or better to save for a bit a get a engine

sorry not very good at explain my self

Flywheels can be got,few places about that supply them,as for the engine,again easy to get one...

But why do want to replace your flywheel...???

Is your engine blown....??

if the engine is still going grand dont change it unless itd fooked

as for the fly wheel, you will probably have to change the clutch to suit the new fly wheel and make sure you find the broken off teeth in the gear box or they could cause damage

cool is there a better flywheel than others or are they all the same car is standard classic sti dont want the lightened one, and wots the best clutch to be gettin
thanks lads

standard fly wheel will be grand or you could get a exedy fly wheel and clutch kit which is abit better than standard

any of the traders could sort you out

As above probably better going for exedy clutch and flywheel,can work out to bout €400-500... :ponder2:

would sugest standard flywheel and an exedy organic clutch. have you looked at the teeth to make sure they are gone. have a spare starter here if you want to try it also. if you remove the starter and crank the engine by hand you can see the teeth through the hole in the box. would also have a flywheel here if you need it. another option is to replace the ring gear.

Back