spark plugs

JGARDE

Middle Lane Hogs
when i got the car last summer i wasnt told if the plugs were done cause it was serviced before i got it and i like to do them now and Was wondering what type of sparkplugs ye would used? whats the best? rough price? and is it much of a job to change them. its a 00 bugeye wrx thanks lads :thumbsup:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=13370.msg165309#msg165309 date=1236297872]
NGK - PFR6B for standard engines

NGK - PFR7B for modified ones

[/url]
[/quote]
when u say u need them for modified, how modified do u mean?

[quote author=johnroake link=topic=13370.msg165537#msg165537 date=1236390732]
[quote author=Codders link=topic=13370.msg165309#msg165309 date=1236297872]
NGK - PFR6B for standard engines

NGK - PFR7B for modified ones

[/url]
[/quote]
when u say u need them for modified, how modified do u mean?
[/quote]

if your car has being re-mapped or modified engine wise....you need a higher rated spark plug... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Those plugs listed are platinum plugs.

If you want performance plugs, use the NGK Iridiums. We do these and stock them for the Subaru.

Sorry guys, PFR7Bs are platinum plugs.

Good for standard cars, longer life etc but are still classed as an OE replacement type plug.

Iridium plugs are able to provide a stronger spark constantly and at a higher temperature, avoid misfires, better for emissions and a more complete burn in the cylinder. The electrodes last longer, have a higher melting point and at their new price are almost the same price as the platinum plugs.

That is why all the newer Subaru engines and most other performance car engines come with them standard. 2005 onwards Subarus use the ILFR NGK plugs which are Iridium tipped.

The only reason platinum was used for such a long time was because production of Iridium plugs was too expensive for OE use. With costs of Iridium plug production dropping, many manufacturers including Subaru are now starting to use them on later model cars as standard equipment.

[quote author=Couture Nick link=topic=13370.msg168503#msg168503 date=1237134954]

The only reason platinum was used for such a long time was because production of Iridium plugs was too expensive for OE use. With costs of Iridium plug production dropping, many manufacturers including Subaru are now starting to use them on later model cars as standard equipment.
[/quote]

Cheeky sales pitch and scaremongoring...

if that was case i'd advise all my customers to usr NGK BKR7EIX plugs.

They cost same price!!

WHY DON'T I ???

Cause they have not out-preformed and out-proofed themselves of their counterparts.

its not opinon...

its proven reliability...

you have to take into consideration wat ratio of each is used and then look at failures.

failures across irl and uk are found with iridiums..

they are also prone to mis-fire cause and don't last as long as platinums..

DAVE

Just remember writing that now :lol: Was out last night. Just dont want to see the thread to go on like others have and getting no where :thumbsup:

Back