Second Knock Sensor

Ralph

Petrolheads
Any recommendations on who to get to fit one? Also how much are we talking? I know I'm mapped for E5 but I just want that extra peace of mind for when I get to go on track. :icon_biggrin:

Re: Knock Sensor

Simple to do yourself Rob. Screw it out, screw new one in.

Set you back around €145,still have to replace the one on my car too,gonna rope Sweetcakes into helping me do it so when i know what i'm doin i can give you a hand with yours :thumbsup:

Like the one you had in the Type R Andy with the LED's for indication...that was a knock sensor wasn't it? :ponder:

Thats a knocklink or another type of aftermarket knock sensor,
that gets fitted on the block but does not replace the factory fitted one which is needed by car ecu
to retard timimg if it detects knock

Fenster is correct, sorry Rob that was a second knock sensor I fitted. Your talking about the OEM one?

Thanks Fenster :thumbsup: What is your non forum name? I keep forgetting :icon_redface:
Grand Job, so 150 notes...where do I get one?

@Andy...no, looking for a second one (like the Type R) Just so I can see if there is any knock detected!
@Mark...we could have a little mini Legacy meet. :lol:

I got one from the UK a few weeks back and fit it myself nice custom job,

And its John is the name

Thanks John :thumbsup: Can you post the link r the name of the place!

Yes Andy, looking to fit a second one (Thread renamed :thumbsup:)

ah just follow what I did in my thread about fitting a DET alarm :thumbsup:

Rob i got mine from Thor racing and they are easy to fit, if you are ok with a soldering iron.
You will find a nice spot on or near the dash or even on the clocks.

good man rob,there handy to fit

are you looking forward to gettin her on the track

I bought from Thor Racing too Rob & they're spot on.

If you wanna have a look where mine is fitted, Ciaran (RS RA) custom fitted it in the instrument binnacle. Looks the part & very easy to see if she starts flashing due to where its fitted.

Lads I've a knock link minus the sensor, just wondering can I buy the sensor seperate?
Cheers
John

Back