what batteries are ye using

dohcturbo

Octane Boostaholics
im looking for a lightweight battery for the car and havent an idea what to get.
even if i could find the same as what was in mine it would do me.

what makes are ye using?

Halfords Calcium battery

Ya get a 4year warranty, so any problems ya get a new one :thumbsup:

What size/capacity battery is recomended? No visible markings on mine.
Cheers :thumbsup:

[quote author=Matt link=topic=13270.msg163722#msg163722 date=1236034763]
[/quote]

They have a listing for them in Halfords on those ring binders beside the batteries.

They will list 2 for any subaru, The standard battery (3 year warranty about €70) or the Calcium one (4 year warranty about €100) the calcium one also has higher amps, so the car starts easier and runs any accessories when the engine is off for longer without it going dead :thumbsup:

braille do a lightweight battery with high cranking amps!!!!
will check for ya where i saw it !!!!
063 or a 065 should be strong enough!!!!
the AA sell batteries at the side of the road now :icon_grin: :icon_grin:
fooked if i'm drivin to kerry to sell ya a battery!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the light weight batterys are expensive, yuor talking 150 upwards and you ll only save a kg or two, so just have a big dump before you go for a spin and you ll be grand

actually , i think the spec c comes with a small light weight battery

:lol:
Cheers lads, the one i had was light and small enough, was it FB or sumthing :dontknow: all i know is there jap.
il have to get thinners to get the paint off it to find out.

fooked if im goin to halfords for a battery, they wanted 130 for the pug so the price wouldnt be far off a race one.
once its small and neat i dont mind.

my race car has a varley race battery, about half the size of a normal 063. think they are about 100 stirling +vat

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=13270.msg163806#msg163806 date=1236043920]
sure why all the above hassle for the weight that saved for road car?
[/quote]

Agreed :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=13270.msg163727#msg163727 date=1236035215]
[quote author=Matt link=topic=13270.msg163722#msg163722 date=1236034763]
[/quote]

They have a listing for them in Halfords on those ring binders beside the batteries.

They will list 2 for any subaru, The standard battery (3 year warranty about €70) or the Calcium one (4 year warranty about €100) the calcium one also has higher amps, so the car starts easier and runs any accessories when the engine is off for longer without it going dead :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Cheers

If 063 is the proper battery for an Impreza, i presume it would be the same for a Legacy?? :dontknow:

I've an 065 in mine, is that wrong or would it make that much difference? :thumbsup:

I dont think it'll make any difference, once it has the amps to start the car and its 12v then you should be grand :thumbsup:

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=13270.msg163943#msg163943 date=1236090034]
its more a small size than weight i want.

[/quote]

Ah right, tight engine bay?

The standard lead acid battery in halfords is small enough, fits the battery tray in my classic with a bit of room left

Lads i bought my last battery from Subaru it was smaller than standard
and cost €45

€70 seems very expensive for a car battery :shock2: :shock2: and as dave said why spend
€100 + on a road car when lets behonest pick up two of your mates and that's most of your standard mods
cancelled out :lol: :lol: :lol:..............................FaT fUcKeRs

Niall.

He just said he's looking for it more because of the size than weight... I hope he's something cool in mind for it...

Back