Brackets to fit 2 pot rear brakes to a B4 also spring clamps?!

eliroche

Anyone know where to get brackets made up to fit 2 pots from an Impreza to a 2000 B4?
Are they a complicated yoke or could you chance it yourself?
Also if anyone has a loan/use of spring clamps (Dublin/Kildare area) i need to change my front drivers shock!
Eli.

I have spring clamps you can borrow :thumbsup:

About the rear caliper brackets, best bet is to make a template from card and get an engineering shop to make them. I'd try it myself but probably make a balls of it, only have a bench and air grinders to work on steel.

I've a set of clamps at home if u want a lend of them boss im not to far from u give me a shout if u need them :thumbsup:

b4's have different stud spacing at the caliper to a classic on the rear, so dont think those brackets will fit. :thumbsup:

Got the spring clamps sorted thanks to lads above for their help, just gotta figure out the rear caliper bracket now,
any lads with this upgrade on their B4?

I've only ever seen one lad with it done over on uklegacy but i dont think that guy is a member anymore. I'm gonna have my rear hubs off in a couple of weeks so am going to draw something up. Should be pretty straight forward

Godspeed in the uk make them up for both classic and legacy. Got mine off them for the brembo's, couldn't fault them

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=13258.msg163662#msg163662 date=1236030714]
Godspeed in the uk make them up for both classic and legacy. Got mine off them for the brembo's, couldn't fault them
[/quote]

godspeed stuff is really good quality, they even waranty there stuff when used on track :thumbsup:

This is what Godspeed said -

"Yes we have sold the fitting kits to owners of the B4’s , and no one has come back to me saying they didn’t fit so I assume everything is ok , if your car has the 266mm discs , then the 290mm WRX discs and 2 pots should fit fine"

So if standard B4 rear discs are 266mm are all classic shape Impreza 2 pot rear discs 290mm?

Ian (godspeed brakes) will be over for the West Cork Rall next week and will bring them with him if i want.

They usually cost £75 with £15 shipping,
http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/Subaru/Rear/Rear_classic.htm

If we can get 5 lads that want them he will do them for £50 a set and collection at the Rally if someone was at it.
Thats a pretty decent offer so all i need now is 4 names and a Cork Native who will be at the rally!!
Any takers???

Back