Got A Cel after changing the rad?

MrMagoo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey folks,

Really need help at this stage, I broke the small pipe that comes out of the top of the rad to the header tank, so I replaced the rad, had no issues with the car before this, fitted the rad and started the car, a cel has now come on. Cant see at moment to do a manual check flash codes, also the car is having issues with a dead battery, can jump start it but if i stop and leave it for a day it wont start again, totaly flat click click click??

Please need some ideas on this a the cel freaks me out and i wont drive it so im stuck in mallow!

Cheers

Charge up your battery,and if it keeps going flat get your alternator checked it mite not be charging properly...?
The cel mite go once you have full power again... :dontknow: :ponder:

I jumped the car and the power read 14 volts as the car was running, but when i turned it off the car wont start.
COULD THIS CAUSE A CEL???

mate that battery is fooked !!!
trust me ,waste of time trying to charge it up...new battery required!!!!
wont cause the cel to come on IMO...any block connectors you might has disconnected and not put back on properly????
:dontknow: :dontknow:

the change of rad wouldnt cause a cel to come on

id say the battery is either fooked or the alternator is,

what cel is coming on?

What do you mean what cel?? havent had a chance to connect the black connections under the dash as its dark, with regards putting the dash back, I connected the 2 block connectors for the rad, i think thats all needed to be connected is it?

Wierd as the car aint moved in 2 weeks and there was no cel before hand??

Anyone else?
will buy a new battery but im worried about the cel

yes it just the two block connectors at the bottom of the rad for the fans

you said a cel came on,what cel are you talking about?

The Check Engine Light on the dash? Didnt know there was more than1! Oh crap!

Very confused, and worried.

for eg, it could have been battery cel,oil cel,water/temp cel
i dont think check engine cel comes on for battery as it has a seperate cel, so could be ure alternator

in 90% of altenator problem cases,the battery light will come on while running....
if you connect a multimeter to battery,anything above 13.5volts is charging!!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah its registering 14.02 volts while running, but if i kill the engine 2 mins ater it wont start, wont even show any lights on the dash.
Read on NASIOC that low voltage can cause a cel, but no more details than that?

Have disconnected the battery for the night and will jump it in the morning to see if cel is gone? Ill then try a battery.
What else could cause the check engine light to come on if the car was idle for 2 weeks, and didnt have a cel before that??

already said that battery is fooked mate.....end off.!!!
see it every day in work....theres a dead short in one of the cells or something likewise!!!!
the cel is normally emmissions related but can come on for a multitude of reasons...
dissconecting the battery overnight wont make any difference to a flat battery...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool cool, the battery will have to be replaced, just wondering if anyone has any ideas if low voltage can throw up a cel??

In the cold light of this morning i braved the rain and connected the plugs under the dash to read the faults, there was none, so i jumped her, started perfect and no cel.

Next stop brand new battery!

Fingers crossed for ya, that its just the battery.

With any luck you'll be trouble free for a while.

Started it up again and after she warmed up got a cel, havent driven the car but it seemed a little rough on idle, and the cel came on after i sightly revved it, to about 1500rpm.
Code 22 showed up? Knock sensor? Is there an underlying issue or is it a case if replacing the knock sensor??

i presume that you filled the rad with coolant and bled it properly if you haven't done this you might have done some serious damage

Yes I did, filled with coolant and bled it too. Would there be a connection with this and the knock sensor??

Back