offered a td05

deco c

Middle Lane Hogs
howdy..ive been offered a tdo5 16g for my car..its yogis old wagon..a 95 so should it fit no bother??

also can i tell if its up to scratch by looking at it?

How much are they looking for it first of all and is it from Ebay as there are some really dodgy fakes being sold there.

[quote author=deco c link=topic=13133.msg161486#msg161486 date=1235683523]
no its from a guy up north who buys and sells parts..hes looking for 120 sterling
[/quote]

Bite his arm off for it if its a genuine 16g at that price. Just make sure that there are no chips on the find and there is no play in the bearing. I am not sure if it will fit your car though, Dave Legacy would be the man to tell you that.

yeah i was talking to dave the other day and he told me aslong as its not a front entry itl fit i think..i think 97 on were front entry.

if dave sees this thread hopefully he can verify this?

[quote author=RS-RA link=topic=13133.msg161594#msg161594 date=1235694377]
yes will need to be side entry. tdo5 your looking for will come from a ver 1-2 sti :subaru:
[/quote]

side entry/front entry how can i tell the difference and is there a way of knowing if its defo a genuine tdo5?

tdo5 16g were on v1-2 imprezas as above.

from then on its a ihi vf front entry turbo...

you'll know by shape of turbo and name.. you won't go too far wrong..

ok lads,got another offer of a tdo5 as i havent heard back from the origional chap

its a tdo5 off a forrester turbo..ive been told itl fit mine.just want to be sure before i bother going to get it.

heres the car its off

forester.jpg

If its a side entry turbo then it should fit no bother....
That forrester looks new,am nearly sure its a td04 turbo thats on them and they are front entry.. :ponder2: :ponder2:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=13133.msg162934#msg162934 date=1235939724]
:ponder2: :ponder2:
[/quote]

anyone know if its the right turbo.supposed to be getting it tuesday so just wanna know before then if possible.

it had a front entry when it left the factory, so unless someone jammed one in there i dont think it will fit

cheers man..just want to find out before i go to the hassle of looking at it only for it to be the wrong one

Unless its an upgrade i don't think it will have a TD05 16 G as standard. I upgraded my Turbo on the Forester to a TD04 L.

Back