AM I MAD?? 00 TYPE R WITH 2.5 420BHP 420FTLBS .. THINKING OF SELLING

KENC

ISDC Club Member
Am i mad?? 00 type r with 2.5 420bhp 420ftlbs .. Thinking of selling

Right lads, here we go again, a good friend of mine has decided to sell his e46 m3, im driving it all day to see what i think, and i do like it, so trying to way up my options, i have only finished this 2dr project, and it is being mapped by Andy Forrest tomorrow, many of you know the story, but this is complete set up from Damo "Streetperformance" 4dr that i have transplanted into my Dark Blue mica 00 Type R. This complete set up only has only bout 3kmiles on it, and was previously dynod with print out in SCOOBY CLINIC UK at 413bhp and 420 ftlbs of torque, and i hoping for a few safe bhp more tomorrow. The spec is
NEW 2.5 WITH FORGED CP PISTONS
V6 STI HEADS WIT SUPERTECH INTERNALS
MATCHED COMETIC HEAD GASKETS
ARP HEAD BOLTS
ROGER CLARKE OIL PUMP
REVERSED INLET MANIFOLD
STAINLESS EXHAUST MANIFOLD AND UP PIPE, HEAT WRAPPED
STRAIGHT THROUGH 3" EXHAUST, SPR1 BACK BOX
FRONTMOUNT INTERCOOLER WITH CUSTOM PIPE WORK
HKS DUMPVALVE
NEW RCM INDUCTION
NEW WALBRO FUEL PUMP
FUEL LAB PRESSURE REG AND FUEL FILTER AND BRAIDED LINES
PARALELL FUEL RAILS
NISMO 740CC INJECTORS
SP40 TURBO
EXEDY CLUTCH AND LIGHTEND FLYWHEEL
UPRATED PLUG LEADS AND EARTHING KIT
SIMTEC ECU WITH LAUNCH CONTROL AND ANTI LAG
3X DEFI GAUGES IN CENTRE POD AND LINK UNIT
KNOCK LINK
GREEDY TURBO TIMER
BRAIDED BRAKE AND CLUTCH LINES
UPRATED FRONT DISKS AND PADS
NEW BATTERY FITTED 1 WK AGO
3MNTS TAX
NCT TILL 2010 SOMETIME
COSMETICS WISE, 22B VENTS, P1 FRONT SPLIITER, STI 8 SCOOP(STILL TO BE FITTED) BLACK HEADLIGHTS AND SIDE LIGHTS, STANDARD WHEELS
I have to get 16k for this car if not i wnt bother, to me for this power in a 00 type r, and with this spec and all only 3kmiles old, it is for peanuts, recession or no recession. Maybe i am being mad :cuckoo: as chances of having the likes of this again are slim :icon_cry:, but i will make my mind up when i see what interest is in it, will put up pics when have scoop on in next few days

Last edited:
Hey Ken,

I reckon you should keep the Scooby - you won't get what your looking for in this climate and as you say you may never own such a car again.....

Alan.

Iknow what your saying Alan, but the dreaded question, am i getting to old for the whole loud subaru thing? :ponder2: i really star to question my choices when i am pushing my car down drive at 7 every morning to get it away from house so i wont waking kids up when i wake the subaru up :icon_rolleyes:
the m3 offered the 340 bhp and comfort and silence shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

quote "i really star to question my choices when i am pushing my car down drive at 7 every morning to get it away from house so i wont waking kids up when i wake the subaru up
the m3 offered the 340 bhp and comfort and silence shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

i can honestly say ken i will never have a downpipe or really loud exhaust on any subaru/car i will own in future. im 26 now and have grown outta that scene. great for track cars etc. i still think a quiet car with dumpvalve sounds cool and its a cheap mod compared to expensive exhausts. you dont want the people to hear you coming a mile away so they can get your reg. its all bullshit. bringing to much attention on yourself in my opinion.

oh yeah keep your car ken. :thumbsup:

Just get a quieter exhaust. I've a Kakimoto Regu 92-Z. They are rated at 92db. I wouldnt change a car cause its too loud. Just change the exhaust

[move] yes your mad [/move] [move] yes your mad[/move]

at the end of the day ken its up to yourself but as was pointed
out you will find it hard to get real value of her
have you tried fitting a bung to quietin her down a bit :dontknow:

Just sell her up Ken, you've advertised this a couple of times so you've obviously lost the scooby bug. An M3 would be a lovely replacement. Enjoy whatever you decide anyway :thumbsup:

ken i think your mad thats some spec the only thing is the bmw is some car great power and seriously comfortable if you sell her you can always come back to subarus best of luck with whatever you decide

Hi Ken, as someone who has been down this road my advice is to sell her and move on. I know every time I hear a Scooby rumble past I miss my old Scoob but it's good to try something different and the M3 is a great car, as long as you keep good tyres on her (I have heard of a lot of people moving form Scoobies or EVOs to M3's who have stuck them in ditches!)

Regarding the STI 8 scoop, a lot of people, me included, dont like the look of the STI 8 scoop on the classic so I would think it might be better to leave well enough alone if you're trying to sell it. That way you will maximise you market :thumbsup:

Oh and good luck with the sale :hammerhead:

Frawls

1500 euro to tax the m3..me bollix..I was looking at one and I just couldnt stomach giving the government that kind of wedge

just had a paycut in work..plus im repairing the b4 at the moment so unless theres a miracle or I take down the 11k pot on paddys poker its a pipe dream now

Well lads i got her mapped with Andy Forrest today and by fok did it make difference, the man is a genius.. i
ts not only loudness thing that i was thinking about, it was the year, comfort, looks etc etc.. but thing that keeps coming back to me is the fact that i done this move before and got an e46 and wasnt long till i missed the turbo snapn your head back feeling.. so i in no mad panic and i wll give the post an odd bump now and then, and if someone is interested in it well and good if not then i guess i will have to content meself wit this mad yoke :thumbsup:

Back