PRODRIVE EXHAUST SYSTEM

gojonnyjo

Middle Lane Hogs
Hey guys'n girls
just bought a prodrive exhaust system for my 2002sti, got it off e-bay, the guy says back box, resinator and cat.............
are they handy to fit or is it a  :shock: :dunno: :hang: :wall:
is there much of a note from the system over the standard sti system :shoot:
now i know some of ya will be saying go for a bigger system but im gettin too old for that, n e way, the neighbours gave me enough aggro over the meganes tone, gawd she was loud
was also thinking of fitting a bailey dump vavle, but i am looking more of the tweet tweet sound than the wooosh
any idea guys or ave you got one for sale  :subaru:
i have been selling a few bits'n bobs on e-bay to raise monies to buy some niiiicccce things for my babe scooby  so if ya know anyone looking for parts for a xr4x4, i am breaking one
check out my other things on e-bay  :thumbsup: do a search for sierra xr4x4 wheel nut, my e-bay name is the same as on here = gojonnyjo  :guinness:

Exhaust is very easy to fit. Lay it out on the ground before you start to disassemble and then look under the car. It will show you what needs to be done. Don't attempt the down pipe (if you have one) if you have limited skills.

Best of luck.

John

As above, the backbox and centre are easy pesy :thumbsup:, hardest part should be getting the old one off if the nuts or clamps are rusting. I found the old WD40 and a hammer did the job though :shock:

I change the centre section to put the CAT in for MOT. Wouldn't really want to start into the downpipe as it looks like a pain in the butt.

You should get a little bit more of a flat 4 rumble over the std STI, but it'll not be that loud at all. If you could go the wee bit extra and fit a subtle hayward and scott backbox to it, it would be luuuurvly :subaru:

I've an HKS dump valve on (came with the car). was gonna rip it off as i thought i hated them. now i'm addicted!! :headbanger: . Sounds great. you hardly hear it on normal driving, but plant it and change gear and you get some nice whooshing lol. It does tweet at times, but yer probably gonna struggle to get any DV to really tweet all the time. Sure just get an external wastegate :evil: :lol:

hi guys
well the system arrived today so will be fitted on sunday, now i checked the system and it has a decat pipe for the second cat, now i have been told that i need to uprate the fuel pump, but another bod has told me that the fuel pump thats on my sti is more than enough to cope............. any ideas dudes...... dont want to go into big bhp or money here, only other thing im going to get is the dump valve off gt performance, hks as you guys have told is the best to get............... :headbanger:

jonny

personally, i would reckon that the pump on your STI should be fine. Am I not right saying that the prodrive exhaust you have is what they fit to the PPP from the dealer? If thats the case i don't believe they uprate the pump.

IF you did want one for piece of mind, there around £100 or so for a decent one. I got mine up at cartoyz in Doagh.

PPP on STi does have uprated fuel pump fitted as part of the conversion.

well guys it aint easy, :hang: as for the fuel pump, i know some guys that have had the ppp pack fitted and then checked the fuel pump and it not changed, i am heading down to donnellys of belfast now and have a chat wi them about it, also i need to get the gaskets and spare bolts just in case :computer: does anyone know what the flow rate is of the sti fuel pump :wall: :dunno:

well guys ppp back box is fitted, and wat a easy peasy job it was too, and it is a far better rumble than the sti box....luv it :headbanger:

was up at kirkistown at the weekend marshaling the formula ford weekend, gave the scooby a bit of a blast on the track, standing start from the chicane to the hairpin topping 110 mph before hitting the brakes and changing down the gears big time to get round it
the team ireland A1 grand prix cat was there, and boy wot a quick machine it is, and sounds out of this world..................

and he broke the track record of 51:4 seconds, he did it in 51 secs dead.......... but the old record was under race conditions the new was not

but well done anyway :worship:

martin donnelly and Jeremy McWilliams was there to, both in sr3 they done well :headbanger:

also like to thank davelegacy for the help, been chattin to him over the pst week gettin some advice
so dave :cheers:

Back