How about...

F

finnmcool

Lads how about as part of your membership pack... an ID card (size of a credit card) with the club logo on it, your real name, your user name and your membership number on it (for use with the site trader discounts). With a nice lanyard again with the club logo on it? I know a lot of people have to use id badges for work so this way you could always have your membership card with you. Would be good for club meets too.
:pray: :pray: :pray:

This used to be done.

When I join in 2002 I got one and still have it. Number 50 something I was back then.

Good idea but could be to hard as you'd have to get machine for doing them. Costly.

if everybody put a pic of their car in their aviatar and there first name under it, it would help alot to remember who drives what :thumbsup:

[quote author=AlanC link=topic=13037.msg160122#msg160122 date=1235474003]
if everybody put a pic of their car in their aviatar and there first name under it, it would help alot to remember who drives what :thumbsup:
[/quote]

But then you are getting to know the car and not the person. :ponder:

you will get to know the car and persons name, so when your at an event or meet it will help wen you see that car not saying every one will remember but it will go a little way towards rememberin just an idea

sounds like a good idea. wouldn't put the pic of the car on it though - people keep changing their cars. but as eric already said it could be costly :ponder: maybe somone could tell us why they stopped it? :smile:

To my shame :lol: I was a member of the MLR (mitsi lancer register) and here is a pic of my old membership badge. I cant find the lanyard but I will keep looking.

24022009604.jpg

[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=13037.msg160241#msg160241 date=1235491934]
To my shame :lol: I was a member of the MLR (mitsi lancer register) and here is a pic of my old membership badge. I cant find the lanyard but I will keep looking.
[/quote]

shame on you!!! :snooty: :lol: :lol:

[quote author=finnmcool link=topic=13037.msg160285#msg160285 date=1235495473]
Sorry :icon_cry: :roll:
[/quote]

ah well i think we can forgive ya - this time :lol: :lol:

As above, good idea :thumbsup:

One Idea would be if you want one then you apply for it through the club shop and pay for it yourself :dontknow:

I was just looking at the SIDC online shop and there lanyards are £2.00
and the membership card is just £5.00
Is there any chance/hope of getting these?

In england the lads use them to get discounts from Traders. The trader won't give you a discount unless you produce the Membership card.

Thats the only use I see for them. But we usually just tell our traders we're in the club and get the discount.

[quote author=ericsti link=topic=13037.msg170184#msg170184 date=1237739505]
In england the lads use them to get discounts from Traders. The trader won't give you a discount unless you produce the Membership card.

Thats the only use I see for them. But we usually just tell our traders we're in the club and get the discount.
[/quote]

thats what i thought eric !!!!

I suppose if traders used this rule that people using this furom would have to pay their €50 for membership and to get a card to avail of the discounts from the traders.

Either way it wouldn't bother me as I'm a full member.

Back