Re-map afterthoughts

M

Maurice

Hi all

just a quick note to thank Damien for organising the re-mapping session over the weekend and Andy Forrest for doing an excellent job in transforming my car. For anyone considering a re-map i couldnt recommend it enough. While it is an expensive outlay I think it was money well spent and has optimised the performance of my car (97 V4 type R) which is completely standard. The car now has a constant power band all the way round and pulls hard all the way to 7K. Andy also programmed the check engine light to flash should knock be encountered. The power fc also has a lot of info on display using the commander which also displays a full list of sensors which will highlight should any fail saving me a trip to the main dealer for a diagnostic check. all in all im a very happy camper and it gives me peace of mind that the car is running correctly on 95 (+booster) and not melting pistons! nice to meet a few members as well (sorry never got names :oops:) and see the awesome spec c :worship:

Cheers

Maurice

Hello Maurice,

My thoughts exactly  :thumbsup:

Andy F done an excellent job on my car  :worship:

He was saying that as the car has a twin scroll turbo, it spolls up quickly. The car is now set for full boost from 2500rpm. As the car has a new type ecu (not sure what spec), there is no need for a knock link to be fitted.

Having fitted a Miltec 3" turbo back system and Roger Clarke induction kit, Andy reckons the car has made so good gains over the standard spec.

The car was running a bit rich and he paired this back a little. He set it up for 95Ron + a measured amount of Octane booster.

He knew his stuff in relation to car spec's also. Was able to tell me turbo type, injectors, fuel pump etc. (he must do a lot of home work)  :D

I am very pleased with the linear power delivery from the remap. The car keeps pulling all the way up to 7000rpm, with peak torque from about 3250 to 6500rpm. He set up gear dependant boost control and set the speed limiter to 265kms  :wazzup:

All in all a great step forward. Its an expensive job, but in my eyes worth it.

It was great to have a good chat with him as he could answer any questions I had.

Again a big thanks to Andy F and to Damo for setting it up.   :dance:

Now all I need is some shares in ESSO, STATOIL or SHELL to get back some of the profits I will be making them  ;)

Thanks,

Michael

[move]:subaru:  :subaru:[/move]

Cheers lads. All the cars went very well over the 3 days and all the other lads seem very happy with there results aswell.  :thumbsup:

Damo

Yeah it went very well Niall. Have to thank Dave Lewis who put himself on stand by to fix any problems or niggles that came up over the weekend. He even got out of his bed at 9am on sunday morning to come around and pick up a guys car and sorted the problem so the car could be mapped, even though Dave hadent worked or fitted any of the parts to the car in the first place  :clap:. Andy was delighted to have him there aswell and emailed me that night and said he never had so many cars to map over one weekend with so few problems and that the work on the cars which where heavly modified ( which Dave Lewis done ) was spot on.

So thanks Dave  :thumbsup:

Damo

got mine done too.it was an honour to have him in my car.real sound fella and knows a bit too.the difference is plain to see.pulls so strong that it appears to be longer geared.must be the torque.big thanks to damien for setting it up.hopefully i will have lots more done for when andy comes back.thanks again andy and damien

Lads, who is this Andy Forrest fella, I've heard alot about him.
I'm going to look at 2 STI V's tomorrow morning, approx 14k each, fresh off the boat but neither will be remapped. How much is remap going to cost, either from Andy Forrest or from someone who can do a good job, objective is not ultimate power, safety first!

@ mysc00by
its an absolute must.i had my apexi fitted 3 days before the map.
as soon as she came on boost the check engine light came on.
i dred ta think what might of happened.
i think he is comin again soon
chat ta renno555 for more info :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

what does remapping mean in insurance terms??
do you have to declare it?? or is just taking a gamble on not bending her??

They wont have a clue just say fook all.
All you are doing is making the car safe to run on the 95 sh1t we have.

Just want to say a big thanks to Damo,Andy,Dave for all the help etc very pleased with the car well worth the money and a very good base to expand on.
Cheers lads.
:thumbsup:
Kevin.

Back