Just a suggestion

goldenjohn

Octane Boostaholics
Just wondering about mayby a skydiive as part of the club meets, Prob a little much just thought i'd stick it up as i've done one and its un F*cking Real. Pure addrenilin Rush. :thumbsup:

I'm too heavy to do tandem jumps so would have to be a feckin weekend course so I could jump solo.. Have been looking into it and the weight limit is approx 90kg's.
Being 6'3" and approx 100kg's it'd be me taking the instructor for a spin.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=13014.msg159679#msg159679 date=1235408128]
I'm too heavy to do tandem jumps so would have to be a feckin weekend course so I could jump solo.. Have been looking into it and the weight limit is approx 90kg's.
[/quote]

:lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

Understandable, i've only done the solo one and it was unreal, If people have done one before its not expensive otherwise i suppose its a bit much. :thumbsup:

yeah i always wanted to do one but 18 stone and 6'4 dosnt add up!! there is the other indoor ones that i was looking into one time, you know the tunnels? that would be fun!

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=13014.msg159679#msg159679 date=1235408128]
[/quote]

thats a balls :wall:

is your first jump always a tandem??

No its the same price for your first jump, Tandem or solo, Only thing is that once you do a tandem its the same price again if ya want too do a second jump, while if you do solo as your first jump then its 40€ for every jump after that as you are fully trained in then.

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=13014.msg160189#msg160189 date=1235483138]
No its the same price for your first jump, Tandem or solo, Only thing is that once you do a tandem its the same price again if ya want too do a second jump, while if you do solo as your first jump then its 40€ for every jump after that as you are fully trained in then.
[/quote]

Or dead :lol:

When I read the first post i had to think......... My god he wants to kill us........ I could already imagine the replies

Funny stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im a qualified skydiver with over 150jumps ,have my skydivers licence for 4 years now ,so i can anwser any questions on this one! ........id probably have a real 22B if i didnt get into this sport :lol: my parachute alone was €4000 :icon_rolleyes: ..........woth every cent tho!

anyone thinking of doing it id say go do it! the adrenaline rush is unreal!

[quote author=TommyM link=topic=13014.msg160777#msg160777 date=1235580953]
Im a qualified skydiver with over 150jumps ,have my skydivers licence for 4 years now ,so i can anwser any questions on this one! ........id probably have a real 22B if i didnt get into this sport :lol: my parachute alone was €4000 :icon_rolleyes: ..........woth every cent tho!

[/quote]

whats the restrictions with weight and height?

[quote author=nicknack link=topic=13014.msg160827#msg160827 date=1235586673]
[quote author=TommyM link=topic=13014.msg160777#msg160777 date=1235580953]

[/quote]

whats the restrictions with weight and height?
[/quote]

If you are over 50 you must get a certificate from your doctor stating that you are medically fit to undertake a jump.
Previous injuries and previous or current medical conditions must be notified to the Course Instructor prior to commencing a training course.
Maximum Weight - 210 lbs and proportional to height, age and sex
If you are between the age of 16 and 18 you must have a parent or guardian accompany you to the drop zone on the day of your initial training in order to sign a document saying you have their permission to participate. 16 is the minimum age that you must be in order to jump
Cost, terms and conditions.

Before any lists are done, Its best too point out that it will most likely be over 300 euro for your first jump, So if anythin it'd be best too let people have time too save for it. :thumbsup: Tommy might be able too help out with that one for me. Even mayb a charity dive for the isdc.

[quote author=goldenjohn link=topic=13014.msg161239#msg161239 date=1235657302]
Before any lists are done, Its best too point out that it will most likely be over 300 euro for your first jump, So if anythin it'd be best too let people have time too save for it. :thumbsup: Tommy might be able too help out with that one for me. Even mayb a charity dive for the isdc.
[/quote]

Yes thats correct ,the cost of a tandem skydive is €320. the charity skydive would definatly be an idea! most people do a charity skydive for there first one.

The way that goes is you pick who you are going to raise money for ,get permission from them to raise money ,the Irish Parachute Club will supply the sponsor cards and you can start collecting money!

Anyone thinking about doing this check out SKYDIVE.IE

Back