melted fuse/relay

TommyM

Petrolheads
i went down to the shop this morning and when i got back into my impreza and turned on the ignition to start it the ignition came on then flicked back off straight away and i couldnt get ignition or start the car after that ,i opened the fuse box under the bonnet and there is a fuse or relay (im not sure which of these it is) is melted , does anyone know if this is a fuse or relay or what it is for?

my car is a jap 98 type-r.
the fuse box cover says the one that melted is = SBF No.1 80A :dontknow:

According to the MY 97/98 Service Manual:

SBF 01 = 30Amp Fuse for Power Windows

But SBF 02 = 30Amp Fuse for ECU

I have spare ones there but you have to wonder why it went in the first place :ponder2:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=13000.msg159493#msg159493 date=1235391084]
According to the MY 97/98 Service Manual:

SBF 01 = 30Amp Fuse for Power Windows

But SBF 02 = 30Amp Fuse for ECU

I have spare ones there but you have to wonder why it went in the first place :ponder2:
[/quote]

yea ,its definatly the SBF No.1 thats gone.....which says its an 80amp fuse on my fuse box cover? ,it melted away even melting the fuse box cover! :icon_confused: .....i got the car back to my garage here now and turned the ignition on and literly poked around the burned fuse just to see if it would come back on and it did and the car started up grand......at least i know the ecu is ok.......id like to find out what this fuse is for tho as there obviously is a problem ,theres a subaru garage 5mins from me il see if they have a fuse

thats good to have ,thanks lads for the help ,but im still not sure what this fuse is for.......its the "fuseable link" in the 3rd picture down :dontknow:

Back