flash codes

COTSYSTI

Sunday Drivers
flash codes

on my 98 sti the flash codes ar flashing for maf, idle control unit and pressure sensor just wonderin wud i hav to replace all 3 or cud it be a fault in 1 makin d lot go off..

Re: flash codes

Try one at a time prob replace MAF first,if your not comming rite why not give stituning a call,dave he will be able to sort ya out... :thumbsup:

Yeah, as above, its doubtful its all 3 but that's not saying its not. Go one at a time as see what happens, or a trader might be able to swap bits over to verify what it is without you spending a small fortune :thumbsup:

Dats d thing lads don wanna be goin ou spendin a fortune d car is startin but cuts ou after bout 5 seconds ye no..

well if you have a mate with the same model you can swap bits over yourself to see what it is but if not a trader is the cheapest option to help find the problem, If you go and replace everything it'll cost a fortune!

yea i no and it aint a good time at the minute.. would a main dealer be able t tel me like.. don even hav any mates wi d same car..

Main dealer will charge you €50 for diagnostics,then will pobably tell you its all 3 that need replacing..... :thumbsup:

Problem with a main dealer is 1. they wanna sell parts and 2. the parts they have are new, they wont wanna put it on your car and take it back off again if thats not the problem.

Whereas a trader might have a similar car there for whatever reason any be able to swap a part over for a min just to see what happens, then you know what you need and can go to a breakers or whatever to get it, save money wherever ya can mate :thumbsup:

yea day wud do atin t get a few bob off ye.. any wer ye wud recomend goin lads car is not drivin ye no so cant drive it der ye no..

where in the country are ya? Dave @ STi Tuning might be able to pick it up for ya. If not then get it towed by a mate or something.

I dont think the MAF would stop it running completely cause when mine went it ran rough and idle was up and down, she did stall but always restarted and drove, just chugged.

Never had an idle control unit or pressure sensor problem so can't really comment but if it wont idle i'd guess idle control unit, but that's just a guess

In clondalkin mate tnk il giv dave a shout tmo alot of good comments about his wrk.. wud he be able t solve d prob need t get it sorted soon..

Ah that's perfect, at least your not down the country somewhere. I'd say Dave would be able to sort that for ya, he does very good work but because of that he's always busy ya know :thumbsup:

Ya got his number? 085-7715343

fair play bud :thumbsup: gona giv him a bell in d mornin prob drop over to him explain my situation wer is he located.. hopefully its not as bad as first taught..

No bother mate, He's out past Dunshaughlin, its a bit of a drive and not the easiest to find but if ya want i'll pick ya up and bring ya out to him, best off giving him a buzz first.

I'm only in Blanch so its no bother man, Try and help ya as much as I can :thumbsup:

il ng him first explain it t him n see wat he recomends ye no.. any idea best place t get second hand parts..

Depends what ya need really, Euro Auto Salvage up north have loads of scoobys so i'd say they'll have whatever ya need but if ya put up a post in the wanted section on the site one of the lads might have whatever ya lookin for

try disconect the maf and see will it run, you may need to feather the throttle a bit

Back