Stiff diff?!

ScoobeyDoo

Sunday Drivers
Hi all,
Just got back from the UK this morning and first thing I did was bring the car for a spin.

Had been sitting up for 2 weeks unused. Last time I drove it was for some messing on the snow :dance:
She's a 2003 WRX that's standard.
when I drove her out the driveway first, I thought the brakes were a little sticky,like they would be after 2 weeks.

Drove into a crappark and when i tried to turn her hard I was getting laods of resistance(like handbrake being on) and a bit of tyre screech.

Its like the diff is welded up.
No clunky noises,and fine in a straight line
Im expecting the worst and hoping the best!

Any ideas lads??

Im not too sure ScoobeyDoo but if your turning circle was say much longer
ie.... you couldn't turn the car in a tight circle like you could before then ya, that's the diff !!!!

I haven't heard of this before :dontknow: hoefully someone will be a long with more info.

Niall.

Sounds like Diff to me.

Do you get clunking when she is warmed up?

My front diff is gone but doesnt clunk until the car is warmed up.

ive heard of something like this b4 after a bit of fun, the guy that told me said he had done few hoops with her one night in frost and same as your saying happend, he said he changed diff oil and it sorted problem, said that oil that was in it was scorched. worth a try neways :thumbsup:

Had 3 people in the car tomight, made a tight turn out of the carpark and there was a bit of a thud from somewhere underneath in the rear...
Car seems to have fixed itself now :thumbsup:
Think the extra weight of three in the car wasnt letting the rear tyres skid and screech on the ground like before, and whatever seized up worked loose :pray:

I love scooby's :thumbsup:

Back