Seized Brake Caliper!!!!

A

alan c

Hello All.Can any one tell me if this has happened to you.I have a MY97 WRX and the Front Brake caliper seized on me on friday evening. The alloy had a lot of brake dust on the rims.So i took off the wheel to see what the prob was.But as i looked the caliper had stayed on (seized) which was like driving with the brakes on.Took the caliper off.Brake pads were worn but not altogether.One of the pistions was seized.Got it freed again. I dont want the chance of this seizing again and causing more probs, so can any one tell me where i can get a caliper for the front passengers side??

Alan C

happened my back one after parkin it up for a couple of weeks but freed itself out anyway mckeevers up the north should have one 04887740067

goodluck

That's common enough after a few years use .  If you buy a 2nd hand caliper there's a good chance that it will be partly seized as well , especially if it hasn't been used for a while . If the pistons aren't corroded or pitted you would be better putting a seal kit into your own calipers . If they're 4 pot calipers the seal kit is around £30-40 for both calipers . Even if your calipers are too far gone for overhaul I would reccommend you fit the seal kit to the replacement calipers .

I would rather get them reconditioned if its not gone beyond repair. That is what I'd do if your other option is 2nd hand ones. They could go the same way...

Cheers lads,like i said i got it freed alright so hopefully it wont occur again.

Back