exhaust/heat sheild etc rattle...

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
alright lads i changed the cat on my leggy today on the advise of my mechanic, it was knackered and there was a fierce rattle of it whilst driving.....a head wrecking rattle :new_2gunsfiring_v1:....now the new cat is fine but the rattle is still there and i was told its down to a heat sheild :ponder2: now i havent a clue about under the bonnet stuff so i was wondering does anyone else have this or a similar problem or would anyone know what it might be? cheers lads :thumbsup:

forgot to mention that im not on about the heat sheid that goes over the turbo :icon_redface: that was taken off ages ago, the rattle sounds like stones in a tin can...

if you let the car cool down, jack it up and physically move them. it should be obvious to see. dont forget the up pipe :thumbsup:

havent a clue christypera :dontknow: the cat was changed today and the rattle is still there so id say its not that, hopefully :icon_hang:.....the mechanic mentioned the headers or up-pipe maybe :ponder2: me head is wrecked :wall:

cheers ciaran ill try that 2mw :thumbsup: theres nothing more head wrecking than a fooking rattle :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

maybe some part of the heatshield is rubbing up against the downpipe and causing a rattling noise :ponder:

my car was making a rattle noise too and it was the heatshield that was rubbing against the exhaust manifold and i just moved the heatshield a small bit with a screwdriver and its fine since

Back