car not idling properly with a blitz bov

marksscooby

Petrolheads
hi lads,

i just fitted a blitz bov and followed all the instructions that came with it ,since i fitted it the idle is up and down and the engine nearly cuts out its wrecking my head i it has a nice sound when you rev it up but when i let off the accelarator it made a loud backfire i turned it off straight away i dont know whats wrong :wall:

any help would be great :thumbsup:

[quote author=ScoobyMick link=topic=12884.msg157913#msg157913 date=1234974423]
Did you try taking the BOV off and starting her up :dontknow:
[/quote]

no i didnt do that, i just dont know whats wrong :icon_confused:

Could be leaking air, check all the pipework and set the spring really stiff, then gradually adjust it till it starts to vent properly.

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=12884.msg157916#msg157916 date=1234974910]
Could be leaking air, check all the pipework and set the spring really stiff, then gradually adjust it till it starts to vent properly.
[/quote]

thanks johnjoe i will do that :thumbsup: . i drove the car up the road and it seems to be driving okay and its boosting to 1.1bar that due to a decat downpipe fitted but it dont start boosting until about 3000 rpm which i think is wrong :ponder: and the bov is making a nice loud noise but when i stop the car the idle starts going up and down and nearly cutting out :question:

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=12884.msg158018#msg158018 date=1234988490]
Maybe you should get it checked out somewhere, do you live near any of the traders?
[/quote]

my brother will have a look at it the weekend he is a mechanic :smile: thanks johnjoe :thumbsup:

i had that problem when i got my fitted theres a relay with a pipe that connects to it. that got broke when they took the circulating pipe off its green and connected to the back off the block just below the intercooler. i had identical symptoms hope that helps

[quote author=azerp link=topic=12884.msg158077#msg158077 date=1234995088]
i had that problem when i got my fitted theres a relay with a pipe that connects to it. that got broke when they took the circulating pipe off its green and connected to the back off the block just below the intercooler. i had identical symptoms hope that helps

[/quote]

i had a look today and the the pipe that was on to the green plastic thing was off, and the green nip thats on it is broken and i didnt brake it :wall:

is there anyway i can fix this ?

sorry about the quality of the pic

the pipe from the inlet manifold goes to this green thing, the other nip is fine on the green thing and the pipe too :icon_sad:

100_0308.jpg

[quote author=azerp link=topic=12884.msg158397#msg158397 date=1235079874]
i knew that was the problem i might have a spare one.might have to dig it out
[/quote]

thanks azerp, pm sent :thumbsup:

hey mark dont want anything for it. i will be in the garage today and i will pull one out for you if theres one there ring about four if i get my hands on one

i fixed that green piece today, i still cant get the bov to work properly, i adjusted the pin and no difference idle is up and down and when i drove the car on the road when i leave the revs go below 2000 rpm the car cuts out :icon_sad: i put back in the standard recirculating valve and its going perfect, my brother is a mechanic and he doesnt know whats causing the bov to not work properly. my question is did any of you have any problems with dump valves fitted :ponder2:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=12884.msg159239#msg159239 date=1235339789]
I had a Blitz dump valve on my old type R and the car was fine :ponder2:
[/quote]

hi andy

i will try fitting it again tomorrow and see can i get it working properly, did you adjust your blitz dump valve to a hard or soft setting ?

Back