My new radio

gerry

Octane Boostaholics
took out the impreza radio an replaced it with a Blaupunkt Memphis 66
Well happy with it. only took an half an hour I'd say got the forrester pocket to fill the gap
This unit has a Usb port at the back so I have a mates 40gb hard drive connected at the minute in the glove box.. it took a bit of messing about with file names to get working had to get a batch file renamer to get get it it work correctly as some folder were coming up corrupted . it didn't like the / in AC/DC kind of thing.

heres a few pics

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

THAT LOOKS GREAT GERRY AND SOME NICE TUNES ON IT TO,BUT WHATS THE STORY WITH THE CORRS ON IT.HA HA

[quote author=johnny5 link=topic=1438.msg12405#msg12405 date=1170541207]
THAT LOOKS GREAT GERRY AND SOME NICE TUNES ON IT TO,BUT WHATS THE STORY WITH THE CORRS ON IT.HA HA
[/quote]

lol.. :D ya I know.. no excuses I'm afraid. :noway:. its the unplugged album they did... I'm a sucker for live music!!

well cool and might look into somethign like that myself, I have a panasonic MP3 player but it only plays CD's. just wondering are you using a hard drive caddy box.that links into the USB slot on the back of the radio.. :thumbsup:

@Norris... the forrester pocket was €30.. not a direct replacement but with a little adjusting it'll fit..the head unit was 390 from pixmania .. my local dealer that did a few car alarms for me rang the crowd he gets his blaupunkt from and they where charging HIM €660 so he'd have to put his cut on it.. the iso adapter was €20 and I have a 40gb hard drive coming from ebay (it has to be a Lacie designed by porsche to work correctly with this I'm told) for €70...

@JohnnyB.. just a simple usb hard drive there is a usb cable coming from the back of the radio...

waiting on the new hard drive.. its giving a few lilttle gliltches but I'm hoping the new drive will sort all out

Back