maf sensor?

COTSYSTI

Sunday Drivers
car is idling at 450rpm sometimes lower and is not boosting proper is it maf sensor if so were is it located on engine any help wud be great cheers lads..

The MAF will normally cause an irregular idle, up and down + stalling. Its hard to say for sure if that is your problem

Its bolted on to your air box or air filter (If aftermarket filter is fitted)

If you look under the dash,to the left of the steering wheel,you should see 2 green connectors....
Plug them in and turn on your ignition,dont start her....
Your check engine light will flash....
Count the flashes,you will see a long flash and then a short flash...
A long flash is counted as 10,and a short flash is counted as 1....count them and if it works out to 23..its your maf...

super stuff mate all pipes ar grand ye no il hav a go at dat tmo. do i need t take off the casing t do it yea..

Hadn been drivin my car 4 couple of days went out dis mornin t start it and after about 5 seconds it cut ou keeps just cuttin out revs up to about 1500rpm den jus drops any ideas wats wrong..

Sounds like its possibly the maf. Is it reving upto 1500 on its own then dropping without you pressing the pedal?

yea den just cuts ou it ce up maf is fookt pressure sensor aswel AND idle control valve no anybody wit these parts floatin around..

Contact one of the traders on site. Damo(Renno) at street performance or Dave(Dave Legacy) at STI tuning. They should be able to help.
Or go to a Subaru parts department with your chassi number and tell them what you need. Wont be cheap though so might be worth gettin double checked by one of the traders first before ordering stuff :thumbsup:

no and to be honest mate could not hav happened at worse time sick i am.. any wer i would get second hand partscheap enuf jus for time been while i get a few bob up t get new parts..

Back