HKS SSQV not making any noise

AndyC

ISDC Club Member
Lads have I fitted this correctly because there is not a peep out of it!

HKSSSQV.jpg

Check your vacuum pipes - same thing happened to mine, turns out i overtightened a tie wrap on one of them - cut off circulation!

Eli is right Andy,judging by the pic it looks like the thin black pipe coming from the back of the bov is being restricted by the cable tie,try loosing it up a bit,if still no joy give me a bell tomorrow on 0857721113 and you can take a look at how mine is set up :thumbsup:

hard to tell, but that cable tie cud be bit tight? and if that not prob, can yours be adjusted in sound? and if none of these, any chance it cud be a fake, i dont know where you got it but there was fakes for sale on few ebay sites etc etc

I checked the tubes and they are not pinched. I can push the valve inside with my finger and it moves in and out. Bought it from Nengun. Got my last one there and it worked.

Go for a drive and still no sound from it. :ponder2: :ponder2:

Dave, I cant get up to your place until Thursday after lunch. Is that OK?

Slithertooth, yes I used a gasket on the intercooler.

If theres still no noise could it be anything to do with the spring/fin inside? Too tight maybe?

Its non adjustable Mark.

I can push the valve with my finger and it moves
:dontknow:

Have a look under the cooler!
Is there defo a couple of turbos there????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bad I know! :icon_redface:

Seriously though,
Should you be able yo push the valve back on them??
Dan

well if a couple of PSI of air can move it then my finger has no problems :lol:

Could the vacuum lines be leaking boost somewhere?? Have you a boost gauge spliced onto it along the line??

no boost gauge in the car.

car is boosting normally as far as I can tell.

If you want i can meet you somewhere now Andy and see how mine is done?? Its not a HKS but i'm sure it'll be similar set up?

Thanks for the offer Mark but Im up since 3am and Im on the couch now in slippers and pipe! :lol:

Im 100% sure its fitted correctly. I have a feeling this is something silly and so obvious Im missing it.

Some of the lads on uklegacy said i might have bought a fake item but I bought it from Nengun and my last HKS SSQV I bought from them was fine.

I am sure it's something silly!
I do think it would be worth while hooking up with someone a similar product, and disassemble and reassemble it beside each other!
Best of luck man!
Dan

Back