Re: fitting oil catch tank to a classic impreza

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=12724.msg155791#msg155791 date=1234463426]
why not vent the rocker covers to the can also???
:dontknow: :dontknow:
[/quote]

Would probably need a second catch can for that, as I think there is some issue with teeing all three lines together.
I found a good thread on scoobynet where Andy Forrest and Bob Rawle talk about catch can set ups.
http://bbs.scoobynet.com/drivetrain-11/138077-catch-cans-pcv-systems-do-we-need-them.html?showfull=1
From what I understand you will want the rocker covers to be able to intake fresh clean air to ventilate the crankcase.

Going to tackle this myself soon, just have to sort out a few other things first. :wall:
My plan is to have...
crankcase to inlet via PCV (as normal),
crankcase to catch can - catch can to air via filter (rather than just crankcase to intake),
rocker covers to second catch can - catch can to intake,
or,
install a one way valve on the rocker cover line that will allow them to breath fresh filtered intake air but not allow oil into the intake............... if that makes sence! :lol: :icon_eyes:

Fair play for doing the write up Mark C! :thumbsup:

thanks johnjoe :thumbsup:

@ markobucko you need a second catch can for that, there is no room in my engine bay for a second one

@markc
have a look over on scoobynet bout this as i have pictures with one can used to do all three breathers!!!
have one myself at home abut havent got round to fitting it !!!!
good job though mate!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back