Any bodyshop/metal workers out there?

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
Hey all...

Anyone know if you can get a joggler tool (flange tool) to do a 3-4mm stepped edge on sheet metal? I know generally you can only get ones up to 1-1.2mm (thickness of 18-20 gauge mild steel).... so as to overlap sheets for spot welding!

Heads wrecked trying to find one :hammerhead: Probably don't exist... :doh:

Cheers,

J... :thumbsup:

(flange tool)

:lolpoint: i know where there are loads of the but there used on a different kind of sheet :multijump: :multijump:

sorry man, i never heard of one.. i suppose you tried various engineering places, places that pull and jig cars, maybe somewhere that makes trailers or general steel fab? sorry jamie thats all i can think off :ponder2: take your getting hardship so??? :shock2: be worth it in end

@ Scoobysub... Very good!!! :lol: :lol:

@ KenC... Thanks fella... having a bit of hardship! Spoke to a few companies that fitted similiar arches and they advised butting the steel and kevlar panels edge to edge with a lip of metal under the kevlar to bond it to.... hence the flange tool (no more jokes please... :icon_rolleyes: )

Problem is that most of them used in auto repairs are only stepped to the thickness of the metal being over layed where as my kevlar panels are a lot thicker and would involve more filler if I used a standard one! I'm bascially being a fussy ba*tard and trying to make the join on it as filler free as possible! :wall:

Spoke to a few bodyshop tool suppliers and they were not to confident that it could be got! :icon_sad:

Ahhh well! :ponder2:

thats annoying alrite, there is a couple of places you could try, I going to txt you a number that might be worth a try. by the way that front mount you asked about on 99 vlimited in newbies, well thats my old car and i got it off street performance, excellant fit, and the best design

Back