Intercooler???

ngavin2001

Sunday Drivers
Hi i have a 98 wrx it has a full stainless steel magnex exhaust, hks green panel filter and a turbo upgrade the last owner did it and i was told it came off a 03 sti...i was thinking of fitting a front mount to it that someone has for sale for 350 euro he is not sure of the make but bought it off ebay for 550 and its from germany all he really said about it is its big but being big will i get alot of lag? Looking for any advise on this please. Thanks Niall.

No point in front mount unless your going big with mods and bigger turbos. Top mount is more than capable.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=12695.msg155323#msg155323 date=1234377299]
No point in front mount unless your going big with mods and bigger turbos. Top mount is more than capable.
[/quote]

Thanks for that as reguards to the turbo upgrade i have not sure excatly what one it is, its got a pretty big external wastegate(tips off steering shaft-anyone have any solutions?)should i be doing anything else to the car or is it safe as is? Its boosts too 0.9 bar. Thanks.

A long as its mapped to deal with that it should be fine, you should ask the guy you bought it off if it was mapped after the mods were done?? As for the wastegate tipping the steering column...that can't be good at all, or safe?

Definitely get it mapped, if it was standard you' be safe but with the mods you need to mke it safe. Just don't go driving her in a "spirited" fashion till you're sorted!
As for pics, click the additional options below or use photobucket and copy and paste the "IMG" code!

11022009209-1.jpg
It rubs on hard left corners, anyone ever have this problem? Thanks

You should be able to see a number on the compresor housing of turbo, its just a twin dump down pipe you have, it could be just a bad fit and thats why its rubbing, you could buy an ordianry open throat straight through down pipe that dosnt have the seperate dump pipe like yours nad that wont rub, i have one if you want to buy, and on fmic, some fmic are crap, and you want to be careful of the size and design. i would get car mapped seen as do you have a decat just to be safe :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=12695.msg155469#msg155469 date=1234386084]
You should be able to see a number on the compresor housing of turbo, its just a twin dump down pipe you have, it could be just a bad fit and thats why its rubbing, you could buy an ordianry open throat straight through down pipe that dosnt have the seperate dump pipe like yours nad that wont rub, i have one if you want to buy, and on fmic, some fmic are crap, and you want to be careful of the size and design. i would get car mapped seen as do you have a decat just to be safe :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Hi im interested in the open throat down pipe you have, where abouts are you? And how much? Thanks niall

That open throat downpipe would be a good buy!!
Look into upgrading your top mount to a newage WRX or a classic STI one, that would be worth while,
A new age STI cooler is the best but it takes a bit of modding to fit,
It is very very advisable to get her mapped ASAP, Scoobys re the best cars in the world, BUT you have to look after then properly,
That means No doughnut (with out a bafffled sump), Don't rev the tits off her (no need) service as often as you can afford, and (the biggest scooby killer) MAP her for her mods!!!!
other wise you'll join the long list of people who wrongly think scoobys are soft becuse you have melted a piston due to driving her hard unmapped!
Dan

Back