Rocker Cover???

ngavin2001

Sunday Drivers
Hi does anyone have any tips or the best way of sealing rocker covers???
Iv put in two new ones (blueprint) and they leaked then took them back off and tried with a small bit of gasket sealer and they leaked then took them off and tried with a bit more this time and they are still leaking so i only want to have to take them off one more time and be done with it this time before my red car turns to a glowing red car!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Niall!!!

Probably something more serious if they are continuing to leak after being replaced that many times and with gasket sealer as well.

I was thinking that but there not damaged and neither are the heads and i cant see how that end of the heads could be warped so much that it would leak, they were leaking only very slightly before when i took them off there was alot of sealer on them do i just do the same and plaster them in sealer again??? Thanks

I would but my problem is is the car use to be a 2.0 na and there was a full conversion done on it so abviously chassis number dont match the engine :icon_sad:

Bubba has a 2.0 NA, ask him for the chassis number? Might work for ya

But i think it is a gasket problem, nothin else would cause them to leak, too high of oil pressure would send an error code to the ECU and put on the CEL

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=12694.msg155478#msg155478 date=1234386392]
Bubba has a 2.0 NA, ask him for the chassis number? Might work for ya

But i think it is a gasket problem, nothin else would cause them to leak, too high of oil pressure would send an error code to the ECU and put on the CEL
[/quote]

His car was a NA.... think he has a turbo engine in it now... genuine gaskets only about €9, did you check all the small seals on each of the bolts???

My bad, Misread it. :icon_redface:

sure all dohc ej20 rocker gaskets are the same aren't they?? Anyone's turbo chassis number will do :ponder2:

No not all rocker gaskets are the same,ver3/4 are differant from ver5/6,i have read somewhere to tighten it up from the center and work outwards....dont know if thats any help.... :dontknow: :dontknow:

As above people replace the main ones and forget about the small seals on each of the bolts they get really crusty :thumbsup:

gaskets are different on models, but are physically different to look at so you wouldn't fit it in. make sure you put a bit of a blob of sealer the edges of the half moons on the gasket :thumbsup:

Back