Dash Noise

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Hello Folks I have a noise in the passenger side of my Legacy thats very 6 up side down when I go into even a slight depression on the road it cliks/ knocks like a stone hiting the windscreen or a cable knocking in the roof liner or behind the glove box. now it may also be from the passenger door is there a person on this website who could help or some where I can go for them to find this noise and make it stop please help Rgs John Lewis. :angry1:

I have the same kind of noise coming from behind my glove box (97 STI type-r) and its hella annoyin.

I've taken most of the dash out to check it, taped up or cable tied every loose wire/clip/block connector, cant find anything else and its still there!!

My next option is to fill behind the dash with expanding foam :lol: :lol:

ive something similar and its wreckin me head, im dead handy at findin rattles and leaks but its impossable to find it and drive at the same time. sounds like its behind the dash and only happens when at about 3000 rpm. i would need to bein the passenger seat to find mine while somebody drive me, nobody is brave enough to drive my car cause ive scared the sh*t out of them in it :icon_sad:

[quote author=northdublin link=topic=12688.msg155383#msg155383 date=1234380965]
ive something similar and its wreckin me head, im dead handy at findin rattles and leaks but its impossable to find it and drive at the same time. sounds like its behind the dash and only happens when at about 3000 rpm. i would need to bein the passenger seat to find mine while somebody drive me, nobody is brave enough to drive my car cause ive scared the sh1t out of them in it :icon_sad:
[/quote]

ill drive you about no bother. :thumbsup:

i have a rattle in my yolk aswell,from behind the center dash vents or behind the speedo it is :angry1: i just blast the tunes when it starts to get to me :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=12688.msg155459#msg155459 date=1234385708]
i have a rattle in my yolk aswell,from behind the center dash vents or behind the speedo it is :angry1: i just blast the tunes when it starts to get to me :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
[/quote]

me to,
rattle is in my vent :ponder2: :ponder: :dontknow:

same here sounds like its in a different place each time
checked everywhere but nothing
i never listen to the stereo and am constantly hearing rattles and so on.
there one day gone the next

The rattle in the dash and most other places is usually down to the clips used by subaru,
i have taken off most panels and put a little blob of silicone on the male side of the clips, allowed to dry then refit panel
and rattles gone im sure there is a thread on it somewhere here, ill put up pics if its any use to anyone

[quote author=Turbo Tony link=topic=12688.msg155466#msg155466 date=1234385962]
[quote author=JOHNNY T link=topic=12688.msg155459#msg155459 date=1234385708]
[/quote]

me to,
rattle is in my vent :ponder2: :ponder: :dontknow:
[/quote]

Same here...

What Rattle?? :icon_headbang: :049:

Back