advice on mods??

deco c

Middle Lane Hogs
hey peeps..i think my clutch might be on the way out so im thinking of upgrading it while im at it but im also thinking of getting a few other bits and pieces too such as a new turbo and frontmount and a boost controller..im thinking td05 18g but not too sure?? at the moment i have just a full decat,walbro pump,panel filter and tek 3 map by andy f so im thinking of what supporting mods il need to go with the new turbo..obviously a clutch and maybe a fuel pressure regulator..would i defo need a new intercooler too and are there any other mods il defo need to support a new turbo??

any advice welcome and i havent got a fortune to spend so im looking for reasonable prices on parts...

cheers,
deco.

Hey Deco. 18g is the best turbo for the 2.0 IMO. No need for any more then an AP Racing or Exedy Organic Clutch which will be more then up to the job.
If you go for the front mount a decent induction kit is needeed.

I know somewhere that has all that stuff there and could have it fitted to your car by monday morning and mapped by Andy monday afternoon :p

Damo

He's like those giriles in Amsterdam.....
the one's that are always waving and dancing
in the windows :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deco Renno is spot on, TD05 18g with FMIC
and new induction also get the fuel pressure regulator and
you might consider one of those boost controllers.
You will easily be looking at 330bhp - 340bhp if not more,
with plenty of torque :D :D

Niall.

Taken from Andy Forrest's web site...

AFP 5-18 (td05 18g) turbo was fitted to our MY03 WRX demo car and after a few wastegate and map adjustments, power climbed to 378bhp and torque was 365lbft (still on sti8 tmic) Full boost from 3200rpm right to the 7000 rev limit.

I had the excellent opportunity to have a lend of dave lewis car for 4 hours the other week and yes if you follow above example of a car you will a very very quick car..............

to yours now, TD05 18G, AVC-R, FMIC, Fuel Reg...

And as said Ap Racing Or Exedy ORGANIC clutch.... And go with Lightweight Exedy flywheel when at it

then a re-map...........

He's still running standard 440cc's

Sorry Deco i should of mentioned
upgradding the headders aswell..........
especially if your looking for a big BHP figuer.

Now all you need is Platnum credit card and your sorted :D

Niall.

how much am i looking at for headers?? and should i stay with unequal length to keep the burble??

Get unequal and keep the burble.

Unequal makes it easier to keep an even power band across the rev range
while equal would make it easier to increase power at say 5000rpm
or 7000rpm.................handy for drag racing etc !!!!

Niall.

Ps.... i should say it would make it easier to increase bhp at any 1 point on
the rev range.

Back