Hi Newbie here!

Currently a '03 Civic Type R, soon to be behind the wheels of a STi Type R. Plan to do a few trackdays when I get it and kick the Evos ass that seems to be ruling Mondello lately :subaru:

welcome along Timo,

was at the vip day in mondello on saturday and some very fast times put in PBSTI did a 2min1sec lap with warped discs and the clutch slipping in 5th :shock:

have a twin plate exedy ordered for him now and when the ppg kit goes in hes getting mapped for more power, i dont think anybody will be able to catch him, class driver :clap: :clap:

George

I was there in the afternoon!! Was that the Black Type R? Yeah he was flying alright!! What gearbox has he got in it? as I can't think of any straight in mondello that uses 5th gear!! Him and the white Evo6? seemed to be swapping fastest laps all afternoon!

Friend of mine is hunting a good one down in japland as we speak!

You won't regret getting a subaru, I drove a civic type r there saturday, a 06 one, no where near the drive you get in an impreza. Welcome along

[quote author=Timo link=topic=1406.msg12022#msg12022 date=1170277843]
I was there in the afternoon!! Was that the Black Type R? Yeah he was flying alright!! What gearbox has he got in it? as I can't think of any straight in mondello that uses 5th gear!! Him and the white Evo6? seemed to be swapping fastest laps all afternoon!
[/quote]

yeah that was philip. he has a type-r box in it but hes running somewhere between 450-500bhp. he only needs 5th on the main straight as he hits the limiter in 4th just as he goes under the bridge. we had a lot of trouble on saturday with the clutch, and he just fitted an AVCR and it wasnt set-up so had to keep changing the settings to get it right. then when we got it right the front discs warped. hes gonna be competing in the uk in the time-attack now this season, have to get the clutch changed and new discs then the gearkit and hes gonna be very hard to beat(over here anyway)

George

yeah some of the work, i didnt fit the engine,turbo etc as he bought the whole lot fitted in a package price. i just tidied up the work after them like the headers werent fitted correctly and the threads were damaged in the heads from the studs so sorted that and the rear wheel bearing might not be there fault though as the engine was transplanted from another car so your bound to come across problems.
then got a call from Philip on thursday that the clutch started slipping on the rollers when getting mapped so had to do an emergency job friday(took the clutch out and had to get new ceramic pads fitted to the disc and another pressure plate as couldnt get a new clutch in that short notice. with the power the car is putting out the standard pressure plate we fitted hadnt got enough clamping force but had to do to get him going in Mondello for saturday.) Exedy twin plate on the way now so as soon as that arrives will be fitting that

George

Good work George!! Is the guy who was driving the white evo and white scooby a member here?

not sure Timo,

i didnt meet them dont know who they are :ponder:

Back