just signed up loads of questions!

L

legacytt

Hi all,
new to site and soon to be owner of a 95' legacy twin turbo manual :thumbsup:
its my first subaru and 4x4 so looking forward to it
i plan to service it when i get it (this fri hopefully) and have heard many different opinions on what grade oil to use.
is 15w/50 recommended?
plug wise im going with ngk iridium BKR7EIX as i plan an ecu/remap upgrade in the future.
any comments info welcome!

Welcome to the Club :thumbsup:

I was about to link you to another thread about Oil but its in the Tech section in the members section of the site. Anyway I use Motul 15-50 300v. Ive never seen an ECU for the legacy im afraid.

Damo

bugger! must admit im not having a lot of luck sourcing an ecu tuning package.
just how bad is it to run on 95 ron assuming im not going to be dogging it (well not all the time ;) )

Hi and welcome :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your scooby ownership. Oils that have been recommended by member sin the past are Mobil or Motul 15/50 and Castrol 10/60. It does (naturally) appear better to pay for quality than bargain basement stuff - if you want to look after your new motor, treat her well :)

NGK plugs are a good choice too - and if your car is fresh in from Japan then a remap is pretty much essential. Take it easy until that job is done :thumbsup:

Cheers!

Paulo
ISDC Webmaster

cheers guys :cheers:
cant wait to get back to turbo power
hopefully i can source some form of ecu or tuning to get past the 95 ron issue
i'll keep searching, my japanese is getting good at this stage

welcome to d club mate happy posting and best of luck with d legacy there a gr8 car u'll have hours of fun :thumbsup:

Welcome to the site :D Use some octane booster till you get the re map. You can buy lucas which the lads reckon is the best off traders on this site :subaru:

Welcome , it's good to have another Legacy in the club .

Don't want to take you away from this site but you should join up to this site (free  :D :thumbsup:) http://www.legacy.manxforums.com/forums/

It's dedicated to legacys & you should get info on remapping there .

PS Site seems to be down now , might be ok later .

welcome alomg best of luck with your subaru, hope you get sorted with your mapping. :subaru: :thumbsup:

hi mate get millers 10/60s in it as for re map you will need a piggy back ecu ie apexi hydra etc etc get some octaner booster in it for now you should be fine pal if in uk v power and octane is fine and really isnt essential for a remap un less mods are planned my type r knocklink never ever lights up and is set to maximum sensitivity and mine is fully de catted with panel filter and dv!!!

Back