Car choking

maximusbiggus

Middle Lane Hogs
Lads when I blip the accelerator from idle the car sounds like it almost chokes before responding. Kinda even like it takes a "breath" or a sucking noise. If I hold the throttle open a bit and rev it up it reacts fine, its just when I blip it from idle.

Any Ideas or similar experiences?

I could be talking absolute rubbish here but here goes....

the sudden opening of the throttle butterfly valve when you blip the throttle could be allowing too great an intake of air at the one time hence giving too lean a mixture which could in turn be cause the "choking" you describe.

:dontknow: :ponder2:

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=12581.msg153693#msg153693 date=1234042437]
I could be talking absolute rubbish here but here goes....

the sudden opening of the throttle butterfly valve when you blip the throttle could be allowing too great an intake of air at the one time hence giving too lean a mixture which could in turn be cause the "choking" you describe.

:dontknow: :ponder2:

[/quote]

No that sounds plausible but is there any way to stop it or will it do any harm? Like it does drive well.

Hello maximusbiggus®™

It could be fuel or air related, in saying that there could be numerous reasons for these two items :doh:

I think an engine diagnostic maybe able to pin point the fault quickly :thumbsup:

What ecu are you running :ponder2:

Cheers,

Michael

Hello maximusbiggus®™

I am not sure myself, as I have not had one in my car :doh:

But if you PM a trader who does work with power FC's they will be able to tell you :thumbsup:

As you know there are a few different traders who will be able to help you :thumbsup:

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Yea cheers,

I got it mapped through Damo with pat herburn I think so I might say it to him.

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

Hello maximusbiggus®™

This may save you a lot of time trying to eliminate different causes :thumbsup:

Best of luck :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

I was just tryin for suggestions here first rather than bother him on the weekend...
Plus I thought someone else may have experienced it...

I'll give Damo a bell tomorrow so.

Thanks again man!!

Back