loss of power..

BlackScooby

Petrolheads
hey all.. just wonderin does anyone know what would cause a little loss of power? :icon_sad: i tried to get a code out of it but the check engine light just keeps flashin when i plug da plugs in!! its not flashin a code!!... any help appreciated.. :thumbsup:

Regards

Dave

When does it happen?

When accelerating hard? is it at the same rev range all the time? how often does it happen?

happens all da time.. it sort of goes but as if ya just cut 50bhp off it all the way through the rev range...

When was the last time the spark plugs were changed?

Might not be running on all 4. But could be a faulty plug lead or coil pack.

thanks for yer replys lads,.. i had a diagnostic test done today and its a faulty spark on cylinder number 2.. is number 2 cylinder da one underneath the turbo?? :ponder2:

Dave

I was right then :653: :multijump: :653:

Glad to hear ya got it sorted man :thumbsup:

Cylinder 3 is the one under the turbo, 2 is the one at the front on the passenger side.

1+3 are drivers side, 2+4 passenger side

No bother mate,

At least it wasn't an expensive problem!!

But as people said above it could've been anything, just start with the basics and work from there :thumbsup:

I don't know to be honest but this was posted on another thread:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=12432.msg152158#msg152158 date=1233712073]
Well, the problem is I don't have the original ECU. Bought the car with Apexi fitted already. :ponder2:

I've checked the airflow voltage on the commander though, and it shows constant 1070 value.
The car behaves OK on the idle and while accelerating smoothly as well, the problem is only when pushed hard.

I believe that could leads cause the prob more likely.. :dontknow: Don't have time now to drop the car down to the garage. :question:
[/quote]

I think the 1070 value is correct reading

Hope it helps :thumbsup:

oh sh1t mine is only runnin at 0.3 volts.. can't be right at that!.. when u say 1070 would that mean 10.70 volts?? :dontknow: thanks again.. :thumbsup:

[quote author=BlackScooby link=topic=12567.msg154212#msg154212 date=1234192845]
oh sh1t mine is only runnin at 0.3 volts.. can't be right at that!.. when u say 1070 would that mean 10.70 volts?? :dontknow: thanks again.. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I'd imagine its 10.70 volts but don't know for sure, Its the reading on the FC hand commander. How did you check yours?

In any way 0.3 volts wouldn't run anything, so that don't sound right

I think the airflow voltage is 5volts. 10.70 I think is very doubtful .

The input voltage should be around 10v but the output voltage should range from 0.3-5v
0.3v at idle might be ok. :dontknow:
The 1070 might be a value for airflow rather than voltage, maybe g/Sec or g/Min :dontknow:
Anyway, I've attached a file below, might be helpful to you! :thumbsup:

thanks a million lads.. i doubt the maf is gone, :pray: the car is back to normal anyway.. i am sure that if it was gone i would notice it..

Back