radio reception ... front brake pads ... fozzy

G

gramps

anyone help ? put a new radio in my 99 forester , just chucked out (recycled ) the old one , dont know what the signal was like on that cause i just got the car. anyway i think the ariel is incorparated into the rear window however i can,t get a constant good reception . put in a proper new harness and checked the ariel cable as far as i could , nothin there . don,t know where to go from here , p.s. it,s an import that,s been in the country for 4 years. am thinking of changing front brake pads myself wondering is there anything i should watch out for ?
thanks for any help :049:
p.s. hope your year didn,t start too bad.

Is the rubber erial discreet/hidden, Great idea if it is!
Regardin Brake pads!
I beleive you have single piston sliding calipers,
SO,
Loosen all front wheel nuts, jack up front, remove passenger wheel and turn the steering wheel all the way left, put a big screw driver or chisel or something through the gap in the top of the caliper and force what's left of the pads away from the disc untill the piston is fully retracted, Remove the two (17mm bolts i think) Not the bolts on the back of the sliders You'll  need to use a pair of ring spanners, put the ring side on the bolt then put the ring of the other on to the open end of the first one, so as to give you more leverage, then as you are pushing the spanner tap the first one with a hammer, that should get the bolts off!
pop out the old pads and put in the new ones, and then reverse the proceedure and put it all back together! Then do the other side!
This are your brakes, the single most important safety feature of the car,
DO NOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU CAN DO IT PROPERLY,
Davelegacy (STI Tuning) is doing a good supply and fit deal in Dunshauklin at the moment!
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=12301.0
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=12499.msg152443#msg152443 date=1233781776]
Is the rubber erial discreet/hidden, Great idea if it is!
Regardin Brake pads!
I beleive you have single piston sliding calipers,
SO,
Loosen all front wheel nuts, jack up front, remove passenger wheel and turn the steering wheel all the way left, put a big screw driver or chisel or something through the gap in the top of the caliper and force what's left of the pads away from the disc untill the piston is fully retracted, Remove the two (17mm bolts i think) Not the bolts on the back of the sliders You'll need to use a pair of ring spanners, put the ring side on the bolt then put the ring of the other on to the open end of the first one, so as to give you more leverage, then as you are pushing the spanner tap the first one with a hammer, that should get the bolts off!
pop out the old pads and put in the new ones, and then reverse the proceedure and put it all back together! Then do the other side!
This are your brakes, the single most important safety feature of the car,
DO NOT DO ANY OF THE ABOVE UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU CAN DO IT PROPERLY,
Davelegacy (STI Tuning) is doing a good supply and fit deal in Dunshauklin at the moment!
http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=12301.0
Dan
[/quote]
Ya its pushed in behind the dash behind the glove compartment. Worked for me. I think someone else tried it and it wasnt a sucess but its worth a try

some subarus have two antenna connections behind the stereo, they can be a bitch to get to and ye might need an extension to reach it. if there is a second one try it and check if your car has had a jap sat nav as you might have plugged into the wrong socket

when i got mine, there was a tv connected to the radio throu a box at the back and the aerial was connected into that which made the reception sh%t. i just took the box out completly and connected the aerial into the radio, and the reception is crystal clear now.

have a look at the back of the radio first just to see if you have another socket

also if there was a jap stereo in it it could have had a band expander, this would not be needed on a new stereo as it would be suited to our and, if this is still inline on the antenna coax it could cause you greif

Back